Biotin for Hair Loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biotin for Hair Loss?

I have heard recommendations for hair loss - what dosage?

Hi carolynj.

You could contact a Dermatologist and they could probably give you a correct dosage.

Yes, Biotin can help regrow hair. I initially used Biotin to help my nails, then in late 2016 I was put on antibiotics for 7 weeks for what was later determined to be unnecessary. Then in early 2017 I had the flu, between the antibiotics and the flu my hair was coming out in handfuls. When I was taking Biotin for my nails I was using 5000mcg after the antibiotics and flu I increased Biotin to 10,000mcg.

Something else you might consider is a hair care line; Nioxin. Nioxin is Dermatology recommended. https://www.nioxin.com/en-US/products
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Add Folic Acid (400 mcg daily) to the biotin (I take 10,000 mcg 3x daily), Only problems I have is keeping a shorter hairstyle - my hair grows too fast! My hairstylist is always telling me how thick it is.

BTW I started this routine while I was on Gilenya. My hair was coming out by fistfuls .

Comment

Originally posted by carolynj View Post
        I have heard recommendations for hair loss - what dosage?
        Hello there,

Yes, biotin could help you. My wife has a hair loss problem and she loses a huge amount of hair back then. She was desperately seeking relief back the time. But nothing helped her at all. But she was lucky, one of her friends told her to take biotin for the problem. With her suggestion, she started taking biotin and finally she able to stoped hair fall. Now she has strong and shiny hair. I was the witness of this magical changes.

Comment

The advised dosage for biotin is typically around 5,000 mcg per day. Also, remember that biotin alone may not solve all hair loss issues, so addressing any underlying causes is crucial.

Comment

Working...
          X