X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 06/21/18

Seven checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Five made stated goals. Welcome, Modernjazz!
    Two made a partial goal. Karen, I'm glad you're working on it. Better than throwing in the towel.

GOALS MISSED:
    None.

OTHER:
    --

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made a partial goal

Thurs - 1404 steps
    Fri - 1446 steps; Youtube chair exercises
    Sat - 2257 steps; Wellness Center
    Sun - 1713 steps; tandem-biked around the block
    Mon - 1410 steps; tandem-biked two miles to restaurant for lunch
    Tues - 2637 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 1407 steps

Total = 12,274 steps Average = 1753 steps

I exercised 5x (some days were short), but I didn't get enough steps.

Same goal next week.
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi all ~ I'm back from our road trip and ready to start exercising on a regular basis. Mostly sitting in the car for 2 weeks has made my legs weaker, even though we had a great time sightseeing.

I don't know what my goal will be other than slowly working my way up again! I'll try for 3x/wk. My kids and granddaughter are coming from the east coast for a visit, so I need to clean house a bit again and weed in my garden!

And welcome to our dedicated group, Modernjazz!
      Hope everyone has a energized week.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Well I did not make goal again. I rode bike 2 days and have been packing for another two wk vac.
        I just can't seem to get it together, feeling kind of down.
        I will be back in two wks.

Mamabug When you make partial goal you still have a great workout wk.

Seasha, riding in the car really will weaken your legs. I will be riding for 7 hours tomorrow. Take your time getting back to your normal.

Keep up the good work everyone.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Had A Great Week!

Hello

I worked hard this week between walking, stretch and chair exercises pushed me before I saw my MS Dr. I have to have my annual brain scan. She noticed right side is weaker and I should her my video of my fisticulations. They're jumping like I have worms in my body and it even goes to the female area. NOT FUN. I've also had dizziness and other symptoms. I get so sick of talking about my health I could vomit. Sorry.

Thurs-2965
          Fri-1892
          Sat-4269
          Sun-8014
          Mon-2452
          Tues-3841 (Dr.s, shopping and a great lunch)
          Wed-3913

Total=27,346
          Average=3907

I'm a little over my goal. I'm so whipped today I'm not doing much. I don't like when I'm not being productive. I chop up my melons, and make a nice salad and veg tonite.

I'm real proud how this group has stuck together. We really need to do this in the winter. I know I get so much depression and I know this will help. Keep up the good work and I'm proud of anything we. Effort goes a long way.

Take good care of yourself and your bodies.

Your friend,
          Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS
          Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Looking for someone to begin the exercise thread for the next two Thursdays

I'll be on vacation for two Thursdays. We leave Tuesday, June 26 after work and get back home on Sunday, July 10. Going to Manitoba (Canada) to visit my daughter and her family. Looking forward to seeing those two little grandsons!
            Our son is coming with us, and my dad and his wife are flying out from Saskatoon, Canada to spend part of the week with us. Also looking forward to seeing them.

Seasha -- I know you'll be somewhat busy with company. Are you available to start them -- or too busy?

If Seasha can't do it, is there someone else who can?
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Mamabug - I can do Thurs July 5th for sure. I'll try to do the other Thurs, but I may forget and post late. I'll write it on my calendar. Fingers crossed
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Thu 5661 - tried to get ahead on 'my stuff'.
                Fri 4665 - started creaming corn for freezer
                Sat 5646 - finished corn and did laundry
                Sun 6126 - Volunteer work and finished laundry
                Mon 7575 - Shopping
                Tue 6654 - picked puppy's toys and rolled up hoses so DH could cut grass in backyard
                Wed 9103 - volunteer shopping

I made over 5K steps on 6 of 7 days (creaming corn was a workout, but few steps) and averaged 6490 steps / day . I will keep same goals next week (walk 5000 steps on at least 4 days OR average 5000 steps/day).

Susie GREAT WEEK ! I agree that this group helps me a lot too. I always feel 'guilty' when I'm not pushing as much as I can. And it makes it easier to accept on the days when I simply can't do as much as I want to do.

REG53 - GREAT WEEK ! When you add in packing for a 2 week vacation IMO you reached a goal in addition to your stated particle goal. Hope that you have a relaxing vacation.

Seasha - Sounds like you may need a vacation from your vacation before you get back into the swing of things . Good luck working back up to where you left off at.

Mamabug - GREAT WEEK ! Even though you made only part of your stated goals you DID add in some new stuff . It seems that adding in more 'good' stuff would just balance out, but for some reason that never seems to happen the way we envision that it should. I know that you
                will be doing lots of different stuff for the next couple of weeks. Hope you have an awesome vacation!

Hoping that everybody has a great week!

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal ~ up on feet (with rollator) doing activities 4X a day for 30 min each time ~ which includes walking 5X during the week for 30 min each time ~ and stretches.

The walks this week were rough. Temps in mid 90's, with dew points super high in the mid 70's, and also with high humidity.

According to a meteorologist in the UK who has MS, dew points above 62 can cause severe symptoms in some of us with MS. Ever since I started paying attention to dew points, I have found this to be true for me. Air conditioning doesn't even erase the dew point affect for me.

I still managed to do my 30 minute walks, but 3 of them were quite ugly (on the high dew point days). I dragged these crooked legs around the apartment with all the strength I could muster.

This week has a much better forecast.

Wishing everyone good energy this week and nice vacations to REG and Mamabug, relief from symptoms and feeling better to Susie, continued accomplishments to msgijo, and recovered strength and stamina to Seasha.
                  PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made partial goals.

Sorry I did not complete all goals 100%. I did complete all goals on two days and partial goals the third day. Congratulations to all who are doing their best.

I have already missed one day this week. Busy going for neuro exam. There were complications getting a lab test which took up a lot of time. I have to have several more lab tests including three MRIs. It exhausts me just thinking about it. However I have been known to sleep through MRIs.

Congratulations to all who are doing their best.

Mamabug, have a terrific vacation. You no doubt will with little ones. Karen

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
                      Sorry I did not complete all goals 100%. I did complete all goals on two days and partial goals the third day. Congratulations to all who are doing their best.

I have already missed one day this week. Busy going for neuro exam. There were complications getting a lab test which took up a lot of time. I have to have several more lab tests including three MRIs. It exhausts me just thinking about it. However I have been known to sleep through MRIs.

Congratulations to all who are doing their best.

Mamabug, have a terrific vacation. You no doubt will with little ones. Karen
                      Karen -- There are many weeks when I make only partial goals too. That's OK. I hesitate to adjust my goals to lower them, because keeping them where they are motivates me to keep trying. And, for me, I know that my goals are not set too high; I simply am not motivated enough each week. But, making partial goals is still success when measured against not setting goals and not exercising at all.

I also sleep (or, at least, rest a whole lot) during MRI's. Although they are loud, the sound is so rhythmic, and, in combination with music playing, they are relaxing to me. I hope you can also relax during yours.
                      Yes; I'm looking forward to the little ones. Two year old M is learning to talk; I love it when he calls me "Mimi" and calls my husband "Bam-pa" (that's how he says Grandpa). Last time when I was there, he was so "helpful", bringing me my cane every time we got ready to leave the house. It will be interesting to see if he does that again. I'll also be interested to see how he responds to the W/C. We plan to bring it along to use at the Mennonite Museum in Steinbach on July 1, Canada Day.

Little 7 month old L is so generous with his smiles. He enjoys interacting with his big brother a lot and they are fun to watch together. They are already buddies. He is sitting up alone pretty well. He can roll over, but doesn't choose to very often. I wonder when he will begin to crawl.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                        Mamabug - I can do Thurs July 5th for sure. I'll try to do the other Thurs, but I may forget and post late. I'll write it on my calendar. Fingers crossed
                        Thanks, Seasha.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                          Karen -- There are many weeks when I make only partial goals too. That's OK. I hesitate to adjust my goals to lower them, because keeping them where they are motivates me to keep trying. And, for me, I know that my goals are not set too high; I simply am not motivated enough each week. But, making partial goals is still success when measured against not setting goals and not exercising at all.

I also sleep (or, at least, rest a whole lot) during MRI's. Although they are loud, the sound is so rhythmic, and, in combination with music playing, they are relaxing to me. I hope you can also relax during yours.
                          Yes; I'm looking forward to the little ones. Two year old M is learning to talk; I love it when he calls me "Mimi" and calls my husband "Bam-pa" (that's how he says Grandpa). Last time when I was there, he was so "helpful", bringing me my cane every time we got ready to leave the house. It will be interesting to see if he does that again. I'll also be interested to see how he responds to the W/C. We plan to bring it along to use at the Mennonite Museum in Steinbach on July 1, Canada Day.

Little 7 month old L is so generous with his smiles. He enjoys interacting with his big brother a lot and they are fun to watch together. They are already buddies. He is sitting up alone pretty well. He can roll over, but doesn't choose to very often. I wonder when he will begin to crawl.
                          Mamabug, thank you for your supportive comments. I am taking your encouragement to heart.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time with your grandchildren. I wish mine were closer. It was such fun having them here for my birthday party.

Comment

Working...
                          X