First half dose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First half dose.

I went for my first half dose yesterday morning. Everything went well and no adverse effects except for a dull headache that got taken care of with a couple Advil. I was very worried because I’m a little older plus stressed over the possible side effects. Overall I’m happy and thank everyone on this foram for the info that helped me decide. I don’t want to jump to any conclusions but overall I feel great. Was just letting everyone know. I go back in two weeks for the second half.
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

oceanpride,

So glad to hear it went well! Thanks for sharing your experience! I look forward to hearing how your second half goes too.
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

2nd Ocrevus dose

I'm one dose ahead of you! I just had my second half dose yesterday and once again absolutely no side effects and I'm feeling great! My husband has he been commented on the added strength in my legs he's been noticing! I hope this helps you as much as it has me so far!

Comment

Thank you for your well wish’s. I do see subtle improvements and feel better than in a long long time. It’s very exciting to feel better for a change and I’m happy for yours. Im just afraid to say too much and jinx it. Thank you both for commenting

Comment

Just thought I would update. Got the 2nd half dose this morning. Tolerated it fine. Mellowed out a bit from the Benadryl stayed home from work just to chill this afternoon. All in all seems fine. After the first half I felt like my balance was better and my legs stronger. Over all it’s made me feel a lot better. Hardly any stiffness and spasticity
          See what the second half brings. I’m PPMS so this is the first drug I’ve ever done. I was really to the point where I needed a little help so fingers crossed. It actually seems to be ! Hopefully buys me some time. It was for me a calculated risk. So far I’m very happy to have gotten the chance.

Comment

Hello oceanpride, I am so happy you are showing improvements. I am rrms and will be taking 2nd full dose this month. I haven't seen any improvements but I'm not any worst. Thank God.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Thank you Reg53. I don’t want to mislead any one and I don’t want to jump to conclusions but so far I’m glad something has come along for me. I was running out of hope. I mean all our MS journey is the same yet different so treatment may be also. I’m just happy to share my experience with others because their sharing has really helped me get this far. And it’s ment so much.

Comment

Ocrevous

Originally posted by oceanpride View Post
                Just thought I would update. Got the 2nd half dose this morning. Tolerated it fine. Mellowed out a bit from the Benadryl stayed home from work just to chill this afternoon. All in all seems fine. After the first half I felt like my balance was better and my legs stronger. Over all it’s made me feel a lot better. Hardly any stiffness and spasticity
                See what the second half brings. I’m PPMS so this is the first drug I’ve ever done. I was really to the point where I needed a little help so fingers crossed. It actually seems to be ! Hopefully buys me some time. It was for me a calculated risk. So far I’m very happy to have gotten the chance.
                Hi oceanpride, I had my second half dose in July and have my first full dose in December. I'm glad to see that you feel like you've experienced some improvements! That's wonderful!

Wow I haven't really seen any changes myself, I'm totally willing to keep going because I've not experienced any side effects and that was an unacceptable drawback from all the other DMD's except for Tysabri & I did see Improvement when I was on that but I was also rrms at the time and now I am spms so I might just need a little more time on the medication. At least I hope so!

Comment

I hope so too Iamstrengh. Good luck with your first full dose. I’m sure the MS damage that’s been done to the both of us would be hard to reverse but hopefully this will knock the wind out of its sails. I definitely feel different. Better but still have all my symptoms still. And who knows the repair process might take a while if in fact it can even happen. Over all I’m happy to have gotten it and will continue. Wishing you all the best and am grateful for this foram so we can share our experiences

Comment

Working...
                  X