FAMPYRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAMPYRA

Has anybody tried this drug to help with walking?
    Gubbins

Originally posted by gubbins View Post
    Has anybody tried this drug to help with walking?
    Yes I do. It helps lot, but not to everyone. You have to try it and you will feel improvement, or not. You can not influence it.

Comment

Yes was explained to me how it could work if it's going to. How long have you been taking it? I t obviously improved things for you in the time frame given.

How did you fee it improved your walking? Have you felt ay other benefit with it?

Hopefully if all things line up for me I could start as early as tomorrow.
      Gubbins

Comment

Yes was explained to me how it could work if it's going to. How long have you been taking it? I t obviously improved things for you in the time frame given.

How did you fee it improved your walking? Have you felt ay other benefit with it?

Hopefully if all things line up for me I could start as early as tomorrow.
        I have been taking it for about one year. Fampyra is expensive for me, because in my country is Fampyra covered by insurance. My neuro recommended me just to try it.
        But it works for me very well. When walking, my legs is significantly lighter and I can walk a little bit quicker. I can not see any side effects till now, but sometimes a very slight insomnia.
        Also Fampyra helps me walking in the heat, otherwise I have a serious problems. I am now SPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterX View Post
          I have been taking it for about one year. Fampyra is expensive for me, because in my country is Fampyra covered by insurance. My neuro recommended me just to try it.
          But it works for me very well. When walking, my legs is significantly lighter and I can walk a little bit quicker. I can not see any side effects till now, but sometimes a very slight insomnia.
          Also Fampyra helps me walking in the heat, otherwise I have a serious problems. I am now SPMS.
          sorry... insurance NOT covered my Fampyra

Comment

I have been taking this drug for almost 3 years. I know soon (3-4 hours) after taking a dose that it working. I can tell if I missed a dose. It also helps with balance. I can walk and carry something under my arm without falling over! Hope this helps!

Comment

FAMPYRA

That sounds encouraging.

I am going start taking it tomorrow morning.

Will update if things are positive!
              Gubbins

Comment

Fampyra

After a week I am amazed at how much better I am walking. Hope it continues!
                Gubbins

Comment

After a week I am amazed at how much better I am walking. Hope it continues!
                  Good to hear, you are a lucky guy , cause Fampyra does not work for everyone.

Comment

Fampyra

Actually lucky woman - lol!

I know it is a fifty, fifty success rate. So consider myself fortunate at this point. Just hope that it might continue.

Kim
                    Gubbins

Comment

Actually lucky woman - lol!

I know it is a fifty, fifty success rate. So consider myself fortunate at this point. Just hope that it might continue.

Kim
                      Definitely it will be working for a long time, but keep in mind, that your disease may still progressing. Fampyra just temporarily hide symptoms, and once you will stop with Fampyra, your (walking) condition will return to walking condition to the day you have started with Fampyra plus progressing part of worsening desease while you were been taking Fampyra. Because Fampyra is not a true cure. Good luck .

Comment

Fampyra

Did wonder if that was the case. Makes sense, it's not like it is the magic bullet we would all like.

At the moment things have got better in the last 2 weeks.

In week 3 now and will be speaking with Biogen nurse at the end of this week. So will see if they are okay for me to stay on it!

Kim
                        Gubbins

Comment

Fampyra

I am a responder. So will be continuing, at least for the time being.

Think I could come down to cost if our insurance doesn't cover any of it. We'll see!
                          Gubbins

Comment

Working...
                          X