Scooterjon's introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scooterjon's introduction

My name is Jon Wegner aka Scooterjon. I currently live in North Dakota, USA after being a lifelong Minnesotan. It痴 hard to believe I致e lived in North Dakota for 15 years with the last 10 in West Fargo! I値l probably live out the rest of my life here.

I write a blog at scooterjon58.com. My blog is about my disease which is Multiple Sclerosis (MS). I was diagnosed in 1991 but since January of 2000 my MS has gotten progressively worse. Then in November of 2011 my MS turned into a real life changing disability!

My neurologist now considers me to have Primary Progressive MS (PPMS). More MS lesions were found on my spinal cord in November 2011. Those lesions are now disrupting all my bodily functions below my waist including standing, walking, bowels, bladder and balance. I can still drive my van with hand controls otherwise I'm riding electric scooters 100% of the time hence my nickname.

As bad as things can get I know there are others with MS who are worse off than me. One thing though that is certain, "I'm still on the north side of dirt."
    This is Scooterjon I'm originally from Minnesota, USA but has lived in North Dakota, USA for the past 15 years. I'm now considered to have Primary Progressive MS. All body functions below my waist have now stopped working correctly including standing, walking, bowels, bladder and balance.

Jon,
    I知 kinda with you on this one. My Last major attack came in 2000 and that left me a tetraplegic. It has left me paralyzed from my waist down, no use of my left hand and slurred speech. What started this back in 1984 was optic neuritis.

I feel like you, as bad as I am things can always be worse. I知 seen at the VA in Palo Alto and have known complete quadriplegics so compared to them I am VERY lucky. I own my home and have a loving wife so I consider myself pretty darn lucky.

a quadriplegic that I know says at least I have my brain!
    Rich

Comment

Great attitude guys! I've got my problems (which I won't bore you with: MS for 20+ years). Overtime I go for PT/OZT at the rehab hospital, I'm reminded that it could be worse.

Jon: "north side of dirt" I'm gonna remember that!

Rich: used to live in Santa Clara (4 years), SF(2yrs), Walnut Creek (16 yrs). I'm very familiar with PA. My wife worked at "the Farm" for many years.

Comment

From Scooterjon

Originally posted by richjh101 View Post
        Jon,
        I知 kinda with you on this one. My Last major attack came in 2000 and that left me a tetraplegic. It has left me paralyzed from my waist down, no use of my left hand and slurred speech. What started this back in 1984 was optic neuritis.

I feel like you, as bad as I am things can always be worse. I知 seen at the VA in Palo Alto and have known complete quadriplegics so compared to them I am VERY lucky. I own my home and have a loving wife so I consider myself pretty darn lucky.

a quadriplegic that I know says at least I have my brain!
        Rich
        ================
        I also have a good wife which makes things easier but don't tell her that. lol I'd never heard of a tetraplegic before. Now I have, thank you. My last visit I asked my neurologist if I could say I'm a paraplegic. She asked, can you stand up which I said no. Then she asked, can you walk two steps without aids and again I said no. She thought for about ten seconds and then said that I could call myself a paraplegic! Then she asked what made me think of that? I told her I watch TV all day and see commercials with military men and women who have had their legs blown off. I then said those people are lucky because they can get fake legs and I can't.
        This is Scooterjon I'm originally from Minnesota, USA but has lived in North Dakota, USA for the past 15 years. I'm now considered to have Primary Progressive MS. All body functions below my waist have now stopped working correctly including standing, walking, bowels, bladder and balance.

Comment

From Scooterjon

Feel free to use that "north side of dirt" comment.

Comment

I also am blessed by a good wife "more precious than jewels." Proverbs 10:31.

Comment

Working...
            X