Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/14/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/14/18

Hi Everyone. Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there. I imagine there will be much celebration for you all. My father was a wonderful man and so was my husband. I miss them both very much. They loved me fat or thin. I wish my husband was here so I could fix him his favorite meal, high calories be darned. And if you all feel that way on this important day so be it. There is always tomorrow.

I am sorry to say I did not meet my goal of losing a measly half a pound again this week. I thus again tipped the scale at 118. I will try again to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, it is so good to hear from you. We all know how it is when we hit those busy times. That is great that you stayed the same and did not gain. I do hope we hear from you this coming week. Don’t work too hard.

Mamabug, good for you for the yo-yo so that you showed a loss before the gain. I wish the best for you to go down again this week. Best wishes.

Hsmaldo, good for you for being in the teens! That is a true milestone. Sorry you have been so swamped with work but glad to hear it has leveled off. Good for you for planning ahead regarding eating. Do enjoy the horse show.

Msgijo, sorry to hear about your gain. That is a good idea to stock up on fruits. I have every confidence you will lose this week. Keep up your positive attitude.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

The daily recommended intake of dietary fiber for healthy adults is 28 grams for men, and 25 grams for women, per the Institute of Medicine.

Unfortunately, the average American hardly eats half of that amount.

Fiber is beneficial in many ways. First, it adds bulk to the diet. Second, it promotes the feeling of satiety.

Together, fiber reduces your appetite causing you to eat fewer calories.

High-fiber diets also aid in weight management and reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

Fiber also improves the performance of the digestive system. It keeps you feeling fuller and boosts metabolism.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.7 pound by one member. One is better than none especially since there were so many in the Stayed the Same column. May we all be here next week.

Total Gain:

2 pounds by one member. Thanks for admitting the truth. Once again it is a reminder that it can happen to the best of us.

Stayed The Same:

3 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses. I believe this is the most Stayed the Same at one time.

4108.4 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 1.0 lbs

Recent weights:
    06/14/18: 136.6 lbs
    06/07/18: 137.6 lbs

I hope my scale is acting more consistently this week. I needed to change a battery this week. Maybe that's why it seemed to fluctuate so much, even within a day, the last couple of weeks. I'm accustomed to some variation in my weight, but that didn't seem right. I'm hopeful that, with a new battery, I can begin to trust my scale again.

Karen, thanks for your tip. Eating enough fiber is good for both general health and for weight management. I like to add some flax seed to my green smoothies in the morning. (Although I haven't been as regular at eating them as I used to.) Also, eating lots of fruits and vegetables is a good way to add fiber to your diet, and also a good weight loss strategy.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 0.8 pounds .

6/7 125.2
      6/14 126.0

As much as I would like to have a reason (or even an excuse) I have to admit that I ate too much of the wrong things . Got sick on Friday afternoon, and that morphed into mostly sleeping Sat and Sun. Even on Monday I still was fatigued, and as such I ate whatever was available with little / no prep involved (junk in other words). I did eat a couple of apples and some bananas, but crackers and other hi carb, no nutritional value items played a large role in my diet this past week.

I have simply got to get a handle on this weight. I have started creaming corn for the freezer, so that is one fresh veg that I have in the house. I picked up some squash while I was getting the corn, so we will have those today for supper. I need to go and get stuff for some salads - surprisingly my husband ate them without complaining, and even asked for a salad a couple of times . I will attempt to lose half a pound this week.

Mamabug - Great loss ! Hopefully new batteries will continue to give you accurate information on your weigh instead of discouraging wrong weights.

ShrinkKaren - Sorry to hear that the half a pound is being so stubborn! I expect that when you finally shake it lose that it will take a couple of friends with it . Don't forget that staying the same is NOT a bad thing!

Agate - So good hear from our 'stayed the same" queen! I do realize that you want to report a loss, but it is so difficult to add in another project (looking at carbs vs loosing weight) in addition to everything else going on. Staying the same can actually be a GOOD thing (at least you are not overindulging).

Hsmaldo - Great loss ! Being in the teens is such great encouragement. Just a little more and you will be in single digits!

Happy fathers day to everybody celebrating a great dad.

Comment

Holding at 120 still.

I recently bought something I've almost never bought--some trail mix, to serve to guests. It came in individual single-serving packets and I decided to try one to taste-test it.

I had half of it one day and half the next. It was quite tasty but 140 calories for a tiny handful of nuts and bits of dried fruit! It made me realize how super-loaded with calories some foods are--particularly dried fruit (cranberries, apricots, dates, raisins, apple slices, etc.).
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X