Jazzy power wheel chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazzy power wheel chair

Hello,my wife went to power wheelchair store.She picked up brochure for wheel chairs.Jazzy has a chair that lifts up 10 inches.The bad news is price about $6,000.I believe it would give more freedom,to reach stuff.dave

Originally posted by Carlyle View Post
    Hello,my wife went to power wheelchair store.She picked up brochure for wheel chairs.Jazzy has a chair that lifts up 10 inches.The bad news is price about $6,000.I believe it would give more freedom,to reach stuff.dave
    Hi Dave ~

The Jazzy sounds nice, and would give you more freedom.

Just wondering, have you checked your local Craigslist?

I have purchased a used power chair (like new) and a lift recliner (like new) for almost half the price at my local Craigslist.

Doesn't hurt to look, anyways.

In any case, good luck!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

A resource for funds to help to pay for a new chair: https://mymsaa.org/msaa-help/assistive-equipment/

We also purchased a used power wheelchair. New prices vary from $2000 - $4000. We paid $150. Like new; rarely used. I think the seller's elderly parent passed.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

The chair you're referring to is the Jazzy Air and it is pretty expensive if you buy it from a local store but if you search online there are stores that give really deep discounts. I got one for much cheaper than the asking price on the website by asking the salesman for a coupon towards the end of the month, saved me a pretty penny. Try https://www.mobilityscootersdirect.com, they have really good customer service compared to the others I've dealt with.

Comment

Kind of late but maybe useful

Just started reading the boards again after many years. This response is obviously very late, but if you haven't already bought something, I recently purchased this wheelchair (Pride Jazzy Power Air) as DiscoverMyMobility.com for about $4000, free shipping. The includes 1 year in home warranty repair support from the manufacturer. If this doesn't help you, I hope it helps someone else.

Comment

Working...
          X