Outward Socialization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outward Socialization

What do people do to socialize outside of their house? Which message board do people find most useful to socialize?

I go to the local YMCA. Some health insurances will cover a Silver sneakers membership, if you are disabled. Or, the YMCA offers scholarships. There are so many options of classes. There is a delay the disease program that was originally offered for Parkinsons Disease. But, I think it applies to MS also. It is offered at more then just the YMCA.

Many of these offer socialization offerings along with the exercise portion.

There is many outreach programs offered at local libraries.

Some senior centers will offer socialization and you can ask to be a medical senior if you do not qualify as a senior.

You can go to drug company lunches/dinner. You are always welcome even if you do not take the drug they are talking about.

Local churches often have a socialization portion.

Check with your hospitals on outreach programs/seminars they have.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

I would also recommend getting in touch with a local MS support group where socializing with others with MS is supportive and beneficial. You can find a local MS group near you by following this link https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Re...-Support-Group

Volunteering in different capacities is also a good way to meet new people.
      Hope you find something that works well for you and fits your needs.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by kelm10 View Post
        I go to the local YMCA. Some health insurances will cover a Silver sneakers membership, if you are disabled.
        I wish I could go to the Y. They were no help to me though and very expensive. All I want to do is shoot basketballs. I don't declare myself as disabled. Maybe I should but that opens up some other issues. I just wish i could shoot baskets though, and no other health club offers that. It's always weight training or walking machines/bicycles.

Comment

Working...
        X