X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 06/07/18

Six checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Five made goals. (Karen -- you did too. Your goal was to think about different ways that you can scale down and you've done that. )
    One made a partial goal.

GOALS MISSED:
    --

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made a partial goal

Thurs - 2101 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Fri - 1070 steps
    Sat - 1707 steps; 4 two-minute walks
    Sun - 1622 steps
    Mon - 1495 steps
    Tues - 2860 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 1195 steps; 1 two-minute walk

Total = 12,050 steps Average = 1721 steps

I didn't make my steps goal again. I' m going to say that I made my exercise goal. That seems like a bit of a stretch because one day, all I did was one two-minute walk; I should have added youtube exercises or PT or something.

Same goal next week.
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Didn't make it!

Hi
      Even with my air installed my legs aren't moving like I'd like them to be. Have an appointment with my MS Dr. the 19th. I really try hard. I had to give up my volunteer til I know what's going on. I'm seeing things I don't like and want to nip it in the bud. I did do some chair exercises on youtube and my usual walking. I really try hard but didn't work this week. I' not whining I promise but not up to snuff. I hope you all did well. I'm rooting for all of us.
      Thurs-2508
      Fri-2087
      Sat-3524
      Sun-782
      Mon-4401
      Tues-2980
      Weds-2686
      Total-19,150
      Avereage-2736

Good Luck all!
      Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Did not make goal.

I got back from vac a wk ago and I had a tough time while on vac and this wk. My hip and leg was painful. I had 2 good cries not from the pain but because I just can't keep up with everyone and I can't do what they do. Yeah, I felt sorry for myself. Just couldn't deal with life with ms.

My hip and leg has felt a little better the last 2 days so I am ready for a good wk.

Mamabug, making your partial goal is a great feat. Good Job
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Coming up with new plan

I am really struggling right now. My walking is considerably more impaired this week and stair climbing is a true struggle. I had planned to do only 10 reps for all exercises instead of 20. Now I may have to cut out some things. We'll see.

Mamabug, thank you very much for the great suggestions. This week I am going to assess exactly what I can do which I have been doing per your suggestion but things have changed more for the worse and I have to alter my plan again. I am going to test out exactly where I am and what I can realistically do. Good luck to you. It sounds like you are truly trying.

KoKo, thank you for your well wishes. I wish the best for you.

REG53, so sorry about your tough week but glad you are forging ahead. Good luck.

Diamond57, so sorry about your tough week. I am sending well wishes for this week.

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post

Mamabug, thank you very much for the great suggestions. This week I am going to assess exactly what I can do which I have been doing per your suggestion ...
            You're so welcome. You are always so encouraging to me, Karen, on the weight loss thread. I'm glad I can return the favor.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Made goals ~ up on feet doing activities for 30 min, 4X a day + 5 walks at 30 min each during the week + daily stretches.

Had two very challenging walks, but thankfully the other three went well.

Susie and Karen, hopefully your struggles ease up.

Welcome back REG53, hope your week is better.

Mamabug good for you on making your exercise goal.

Wishing everyone a better week, with good energy and strength, especially those that are struggling.
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made Goals

Sorry so late checking in this week, but life has been rather hectic lately.

Thu 7809 (laundry, cleaning house)
                Fri 9590 (laundry and yard work)
                Sat 6407 (home repairs)
                Sun 4505
                Mon 8887 (errands and shopping)
                Tue 7545 (luncheon at church)
                Wed 6102 (media room at church)

Walked over 5000 steps on 6 of 7 days and averaged 7264 steps/day. I will keep same goal next week.

My husband is trying to kill me . He gets up declaring "I feel like a million bucks today!" and I want to run away. Because that means that I am the go-fer to gather whatever he thinks he needs and then he discovers (at the point of no return) that he is unable to do whatever task he determined needs to be done. That means that I complete the job and then have to clean up/put up and STILL have my stuff to do. It seems like his "million bucks" costs me 2 million spoons. I have been at a large deficit for over a week now.
                I keep reminding myself that at least he is trying ...

KoKo and Mamabug -Great week ! Keep pushing.
                Karen - I agree with Mamabug - you met your stated goal. Did you see the chair exercises that Mamabug posted last week? Maybe something to check out.
                Reg and Susie - sorry to hear about the bad week that you have had. Hoping that this week will be better for you .

Congratulations to all of us for doing what moving that we are able to do .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  Sorry so late checking in this week, but life has been rather hectic lately.

Thu 7809 (laundry, cleaning house)
                  Fri 9590 (laundry and yard work)
                  Sat 6407 (home repairs)
                  Sun 4505
                  Mon 8887 (errands and shopping)
                  Tue 7545 (luncheon at church)
                  Wed 6102 (media room at church)

Walked over 5000 steps on 6 of 7 days and averaged 7264 steps/day. I will keep same goal next week.
                  msgijo Wow, you certainly did have a very busy, hectic week!

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  My husband is trying to kill me . He gets up declaring "I feel like a million bucks today!" and I want to run away. Because that means that I am the go-fer to gather whatever he thinks he needs and then he discovers (at the point of no return) that he is unable to do whatever task he determined needs to be done. That means that I complete the job and then have to clean up/put up and STILL have my stuff to do. It seems like his "million bucks" costs me 2 million spoons. I have been at a large deficit for over a week now.
                  I keep reminding myself that at least he is trying.
                  You could write a book (if you weren't so busy). Your posts are always quite engaging to read.

Hopefully this week is less demanding and easier on you!
                  PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                  X