Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/7/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/7/18

Hi Everyone. Can you believe we are well into June already. It won’t be much longer that days will be getting shorter. Grocery stores are full of fresh produce. It is a good idea to put fresh veggies on the menu. The vast majority are low in calories and loaded with healthful nutrition. I envy those of you who have gardens. Not only is the produce healthful but attending to the garden is terrific exercise.

I am sorry to say I did not meet my goal of losing a measly half a pound. I thus tipped the scale at 118. I will try again to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, I do hope everything is going well for you. Please do let us know.

Mamabug, sorry about the gain but you will no doubt reverse the process as you are so famous for doing. Best wishes.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope you are well and continuing to fight the good fight.

Msgijo, good for you. Thank you for your suggestion about cutting down six days and eating what is desired the seventh day. I tried something similar years ago for maintenance. It was diet five days and splurge the other two. I did it for a while with success but eventually found myself eating more three days and then four days until I had lost total control. I thus don’t trust myself to eat more on a regular basis. For those who have good self control it is a great plan.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Never get too hungry

You make poor decisions when your judgment is compromised. Hunger is a primal urge that’s difficult to deny. When you're famished, it's hard to hold off until you can find healthy food. As a result, you end up eating anything that's not nailed down, and typically, regretting it. Planning meals and snacks works wonders to head off the intense hunger that can do a number on your best intentions to eat right. Always tote healthy snacks, such as an ounce of pistachios, a hard-cooked egg and some whole grain crackers, Greek yogurt, or 1/4 cup raisins. Don't skip meals or skimp on them, either.

—Elizabeth Ward, RD, author of MyPlate for Moms, How to Feed Yourself & Your Family

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.8 pound by one member. Once again I hope missing members don’t report because of not losing. I hope we see more members in this column next week.

Total Gain:

.8 pound by one member. Amazing. Losses and gains are exactly the same. I hope we see more members in the loss column next week.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4107.7 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

See my edit at the bottom

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post

Mamabug, sorry about the gain but you will no doubt reverse the process as you are so famous for doing. Best wishes.
    Lost 1.6 lbs. Actually, I'm probably famous for yo-yo-ing. Although I go down (which, thankfully, I did this week), I'll likely gain weight next week.

Recent weights:
    05/31/18: 137.6 lbs
    06/07/18: 136.0 lbs
    -----------
    Edit: I'm going to edit my post again, like I did a few weeks ago. This time, when I got on the scale the next day (06/06/18), my weight was back at 137.6, so I stayed the same.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 06-09-2018, 11:16 AM. Reason: Weird scale again.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm back! Work was CRAZY for the last month with so much due that it was consuming all my time (and most of my energy!) But, I have finished my big project so I can finally take a breath!!

I am down from 220.4 to 219.7 this morning, so a loss of .7 lbs. I'm excited because it's been a number of months that I've seen a number in the teens!

I have to watch it though because I have a horse show that I'm photographing next Thurs-Sunday that is out of state, so I have to make sure that I take care of myself by eating well and staying hydrated. By the end of the day, sometimes eating doesn't sound appealing, so I have to make sure I take high quality snacks to keep myself going throughout the day. I can bring a cooler, and have found that hard-boiled eggs, string cheese, snap peas, apples, almonds, etc. are a good choice for me. (As well as drinking LOTS of water to stay cooler and hydrated!)

I am a little nervous about it though because I have had some numbness on the outside of my right arm and pain in my shoulder. I saw my massage therapist last weekend and she said I'm a mess! I also saw the chiropractor earlier this week who had me twist and turn my neck a bunch to try and reproduce it (which it didn't) so he's pretty confident that it's muscular (probably from holding my camera!) and not due to a lesion. I am however due for my MRIs, so I'll try and get those squeezed in somewhere this summer!

Overall, things are going well and I'll try to update when I get back next Monday. I hope you all are well!

Comment

Gained 2 pounds

Sorry to check in so late, but life has been hectic lately. I DID weigh on Thursday, but haven't reported until now.

5/31 123.2
        6/7 125.2

We had lunch at church on Tue, and I ate my only brownie this week there, but I also ate a lot of vegs. We did take out chinese one day, but I only ate that one day. Not really sure what happened, but I had to do some shopping after I checked my weight on Thu and while at the store I made sure to stock up on fruits to snack on .
        I will attempt to lose half a pound this week.

hsmaldo - Great loss ! Especially considering that you have been so busy. It is good to hear that you are doing well. It always amazes me how much a good massage therapist picks up on. My daughter is my massage therapist and she even looks for cancerous looking areas on me. She is kinda bossy though - she gave me exercises to do last time she was here.

Mamabug - Great loss ! At times it seems that you and I are on a see-saw. When one of us losses the other gains. I say that we need to go play on the slides for a while .

ShrinkKaren - staying the same is GOOD (much better than gaining). Don't be discouraged. I am sure you will lose that half a pound this week

Comment

Things have been too busy in recent weeks. I'm at 120, which is where I was last time I posted (mid-May).

Congratulations to everyone who has been losing!
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
          X