Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus side-effects

Please share your side-effects.

I went for my 1st infusion 2 weeks ago. Went well. No issues. About 10 hrs after the infusion I got a headache. I already take Imitrex so I took one along with my nightly ritual of Baclofen, Melatonin, Tizanidine and weed and was fine but yesterday at the 10hr post-infusion I got every side-effect except PML, knock on wood. Worse headache. 3 Imitrex didn't help, Heart racing, dizzy, light-headed, tired, mouth pain, stiffness, and upset stomach that still comes and goes. Anyone else have issues? Does it get better or are these side-effects a constant?
    I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

I have only had the first infusion (both halves). Broke out in hives during the first half-dose, but that was quickly taken care of and the infusion started right back up again. The evening of the infusion, I was just really sleepy (probably due to the extra Benadryl I was given for the hives). However, the afternoon/evening of the second day following the infusion, I got pretty sick. I was incredibly nauseated and dizzy. All I could do was lay down. I couldn't eat and didn't even want to talk about food.

I thought that was a fluke and when I had the second half-dose, the exact same thing happened. I was severely nauseated and dizzy. Each time it lasted about five days and stopped.

Hope you get some relief soon. I contacted my neuro both times. My suggestion is that you do the same-- at least just to see if they can offer any suggestions that will alleviate some of the effects you're feeling.

Good luck! Take care!
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
      I have only had the first infusion (both halves). Broke out in hives during the first half-dose, but that was quickly taken care of and the infusion started right back up again. The evening of the infusion, I was just really sleepy (probably due to the extra Benadryl I was given for the hives). However, the afternoon/evening of the second day following the infusion, I got pretty sick. I was incredibly nauseated and dizzy. All I could do was lay down. I couldn't eat and didn't even want to talk about food.

I thought that was a fluke and when I had the second half-dose, the exact same thing happened. I was severely nauseated and dizzy. Each time it lasted about five days and stopped.

Hope you get some relief soon. I contacted my neuro both times. My suggestion is that you do the same-- at least just to see if they can offer any suggestions that will alleviate some of the effects you're feeling.

Good luck! Take care!
      Oh my gosh smalltowngirl I am sorry you went through all of that. I appreciated you taking the time to post here as I am reading all I can about this because I need to make my final decision this week.
      Peace to all,
      LM
      RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

I have only had my two half infusions back in February. I had no side effects at all. Nothing. I hope the reactions resolve for you!
        Echo
        DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Originally posted by Fishytrout View Post
          Oh my gosh smalltowngirl I am sorry you went through all of that. I appreciated you taking the time to post here as I am reading all I can about this because I need to make my final decision this week.
          Thank you for those kind words, Fishytrout. In the grand scheme of things, it could have been so much worse. But it was yucky for several days. Keep us posted on what decision you make. Did you see the sticky posted in the Medications forum? It's a comparison chart of all DMT's.
          DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
          - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

9 months on Ocrevus and I love it.

Comment

2nd Ocrevus dose

My experience has been the exact same thing! I just had the second half of my first dose yesterday and both times, well I've had the sleepiness from the Benadryl of course, I've had absolutely no side effects and in fact my husband feels like my legs are getting stronger!

Originally posted by Echo2099 View Post
              I have only had my two half infusions back in February. I had no side effects at all. Nothing. I hope the reactions resolve for you!

Comment

Working...
              X