Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question regarding ms lesions

Hello,

I recently had an MRI in which the radiologist indicated I had lesions compatible with MS, but he did not give much detail. My neuro asked the radiologist for clarification, and the radiologist issued a new report in which he gave greater detail regarding the lesions he found. He said there are "multiple ovoid lesions on FLAIR in the pericallosal white matter, oriented perpendicular to the interhemispheric faux". Does the radiologist's description sound fairly typical of MS lesions? What else can cause these kinds of lesions in that area? Thank you for your input.

Originally posted by jmwarren21 View Post
    He said there are "multiple ovoid lesions on FLAIR in the pericallosal white matter, oriented perpendicular to the interhemispheric faux". Does the radiologist's description sound fairly typical of MS lesions? What else can cause these kinds of lesions in that area? Thank you for your input.
    Hi jmwarren21 ~

Wish we could help you with this, but your questions would be best answered by your neurologist.

Have you had your appointment?

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I really can't answer.

I would make sure your neuro personally reviews your MRIs and then walks through with you and doesn't just go by radiologist's report.

If your neuro can't do that, run to a new neuro!
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

OK, just wanted to ask on here because I am currently in the process of finding a new neuro. Thanks for the feedback though.

Comment

My guess is the radiologist is talking about Dawson's fingers which are really specific lesions for MS.

Comment

I know we are not Drs. but wondering if anyone has heard of this before on their MRI brain

Chronic white matter signal changes in the bilateria corona radiate and centrum semioval region.
            Minimal progression within the subcortical white matter of the right parietal lobe from prior imaging.

42 year old female
            I see my MS Speciaist next Thursday
            I am not a doctor, but I play one at work

Comment

Hi TNVolMomma.

In the MRI report there is an impression section which will list possible causes for MRI findings, but is not a diagnosis.

There can be numerous reasons for MRI findings. Your appointment on Thursday will hopefully provide answers. Best wishes!
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
              X