Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/31/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/31/18

Hi Everyone. I hope you all had a meaningful Memorial Day. When I was a child my mother would take me with her to visit the relatives graves and put flowers on each. I have no relatives here so that ritual is not possible for me. One of my sons lives in the area where I grew up so he has taken up the cause. I am comforted to know my parents and grandparents have not been forgotten.

I forgot to weigh this morning so will do so tomorrow morning and report then.

Agate, I am sorry to miss you this week and hope you are continuing to go down like you were at the last reporting.

Mamabug, good for you for your loss. Every bit is a step in the right direction. I wish you the best for this coming week. I know you can do it based on your history. Keep it up.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I pray all is well.

Msgijo, your gain is as minuscule as it gets. I wish I was in the same boat rather than gaining. I’m sorry your family does not support your efforts to keep your weight under control. It helps when everyone is on the same page. You certainly are a good example for them. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Lighten the Foods You Already Love.

One of the easiest ways to cut back without feeling denied is to switch to lower-calorie versions of the foods you crave. A pizza tastes just as good with reduced-fat cheese, and when you garnish low-fat ice cream with your favorite toppers, who notices those missing calories?

And while you're trimming fat calories, keep an eye on boosting fiber, suggests registered dietitian Elaine Magee, RD, MPH, author of Tell Me What to Eat If I Suffer From Heart Disease and Food Synergy.

Fiber helps you feel satisfied longer, so while you lighten family favorites, you can easily amp up the fiber by adding a cup of whole wheat flour to your pizza dough, or toss a handful of red bell peppers on the pie. One of the easiest ways to cut back without feeling denied is to switch to lower-calorie versions of the foods you crave. A pizza tastes just as good with reduced-fat cheese, and when you garnish low-fat ice cream with your favorite toppers, who notices those missing calories?

And while you're trimming fat calories, keep an eye on boosting fiber, suggests registered dietitian Elaine Magee, RD, MPH, author of Tell Me What to Eat If I Suffer From Heart Disease and Food Synergy.

Fiber helps you feel satisfied longer, so while you lighten family favorites, you can easily amp up the fiber by adding a cup of whole wheat flour to your pizza dough, or toss a handful of red bell peppers on the pie.

[B] Weight Loss Results:[/B]

Total Loss:

1.9 pounds by two members. I hope missing members would have been in this column if they had reported. The more the merrier to quote an old cliche’.

Total Gain:

.2 pound by one member. Acknowledging small gains shows one is taking weight control seriously. It is a reminder that gains can and do happen.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Horrors! I gained two pounds and now weigh 118. I have no good excuse. I have been eating more. I must get a grip. I will be conservative and try to lose half a pound this week.

Comment

Gained 0.8 lbs

Recent weights:
      05/31/18: 137.6 lbs
      05/24/18: 136.8 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 0.8 pounds

Finally .

5/25 124.0
        5/31 123.2

I lost 0.8 pounds. Kinda surprised because I prepared too much food on Memorial day. But I have found that whenever I do a lot of cooking my voracious appetite disappears. That was the only day that I have really felt like doing anything so I guess all was good (DH had food to eat the rest of the week ).

I will try to lose half a pound this week.

Mamabug - So sorry that you gained this week, but I am sure not having to prepare food for a couple of days was enjoyed. And it is SO easy to eat more whenever we aren't home. I am sure that getting back into routine will help you shed that weight .

ShrinkKaren - OMG ! I can emphasize - it get so tedious eating properly all the time. I had lost a good bit of weight before I joined this group - years ago - and I am thinking that the 'trick' I used then might help both of us out.
        I followed a strict diet EXCEPT for one day each week. On that 1 day I allowed myself to eat however much of whatever I wanted. I found it easier to not have to fight the "no - no's" when I could just practice some patience and wait however many more days until the free day. AND I found that I ate less than I thought I wanted on those days.
        I had forgotten about that trick. But to do it we have to be strict on 6 of every 7 days.

Hope everybody has a good week .

Comment

Working...
        X