New in Ms world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New in Ms world

Hi, I'm new in here. Not sure how to chat or post but I'll keep working at it. I was diagnosed in 2000 with relapsing MS. I had flare ups off and on but it all stopped in 2008. Now, for the past month, it has flared up again. Vertigo, clumsiness, fatigue, numbness in feet and hands along with pain. The worst is the spasticity in my legs. I've never felt a cramp that doesn't go away before. It's awful! I am 67 years old and have two sweet little white puppies. My hubby and I have been married for fortynine years. He has recently retired so we're supposed to be enough life but now Ms has raised it's ugly head. Praying for better days.

Welcome to MSWorld. You're new to MSWorld, but not to MS.

I'm sorry to hear about a new flare, after all of this time, for you. Often, as we age with MS, our RRMS can progress to SPMS, and, instead of flares and new lesions, we are more likely to experience progression when additional damage in our existing lesions occurs.

A neurologist can often help to manage flares with steroids (IV solumedrol). Have you talked with your neuro about your current flare? They can also treat symptoms (such as your spasticity). But, primary care physicians are also good at symptom management.

I've read, recently, that CBD oil can help with spasticity. You can purchase that online, without a rx. Here is a recent thread about that:
    https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...144256-CBD-Oil

Congratulations on your many years of marriage. I'm also praying that you will soon have better days.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mollyjoy View Post
      Hi, I'm new in here. Not sure how to chat or post but I'll keep working at it. I was diagnosed in 2000 with relapsing MS. I had flare ups off and on but it all stopped in 2008. Now, for the past month, it has flared up again. Vertigo, clumsiness, fatigue, numbness in feet and hands along with pain. The worst is the spasticity in my legs. I've never felt a cramp that doesn't go away before. It's awful! I am 67 years old and have two sweet little white puppies. My hubby and I have been married for fortynine years. He has recently retired so we're supposed to be enough life but now Ms has raised it's ugly head. Praying for better days.
      Hi Mollyjoy and Welcome

The site might seem overwhelming at first, but once you become familiar with it, it's quite user friendly to navigate.

You did fine with your very first post.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help, if we can.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Welcome MollyJoy.

Sorry to hear that you are having some trouble. Have you talked with your neuro? Any strategies to help you through this?

I had some luck with vestibular therspy, a specialized are of physical therspy, for vertigo. I take Baclofen for spasticity. It helps alot. It is a prescription medicine.

I hope you recover soon so you can go about enjoying your husband's retirement.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X