CBD Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBD Oil

I'm interested in trying CBD oil. I would like to know what are the best brands. And the different forms available. I think I'm too far along with ms, but if I can have some relief I'd be happy.

CBD is in several forms, but the only one I've tried was a vape juice, but only got moderate results.

If you're in a legal state, I'd suggest some with a little THC as well. It seems to help the CBD work better... there was some 8:1 CBD to THC mix in a vape form in CA a month ago when I was there, but I'm not sure how widespread that is.

Best of luck. If you don't smoke, maybe look at some edibles. Again, check local legalities.

Comment

Commenting so I can follow this thread

Comment

I know very little about it, so I'm also interested in following this thread.

Actually, though, I did begin trying it last week. I purchased it from my kinesiologist. She has a master's degree in oriental medicine, is certified in kinesiology, acupuncture and some other things. I trust her, so I assume that she knows something about brand names.

The product that I am using is +CBDoil. It's in capsule form. The brand is CV Sciences. Originally, when she and I talked about it, she suggested a different CBD product (maybe an oil?) that I could rub on, but she said that was good for pain, and I don't have pain.

I'm interested in it because I've read that it can reduce inflammation, reduce anxiety, help with sleep, and help with urinary frequency. I haven't used it long enough to form an opinion regarding how well it works.

Here is a link to the brand that I started to use:
        https://pluscbdoil.com/
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I just purchased CBD oil yesterday from KoiCBD. I heard it helps with muscle spasms also, which I have every day. I've yet to receive it.

Thanks for the link, Mamabug. I will take a look at that brand.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearBlueSky View Post
            I just purchased CBD oil yesterday from KoiCBD. I heard it helps with muscle spasms also, which I have every day. I've yet to receive it.

Thanks for the link, Mamabug. I will take a look at that brand.
            You're welcome. Yes; I've also heard that it helps with muscle spasms.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug-Why does she have you taking the capsule form?

Comment

Originally posted by ClearBlueSky View Post
                Mamabug-Why does she have you taking the capsule form?
                She originally suggested the oil so I could rub it on locations where I had pain. But, I don't have pain. So, she thought the capsule form would be more effective for relieving the symptoms that I'm looking to relieve.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Just Started

I just started using the oil; just two drops 3 times a day under the tongue. I started 2 days ago and haven't noticed any major improvements. I am still hopeful though. I really need something for insomnia. I want it to help my mood too because sometimes I feel hopeless and desperate.

Comment

For those who may be interested Lazarus Naturals offers a 40% discount on CBD oil to military and to those with long-term disability.

I strongly urge prudent investigation before buying CBD oil. CBD oil is fad right now and many entities want to cash in on it. Yes, there is solid evidence CBD provides benefits, but be aware there are unscrupulous companies wanting to make a buck selling a weak product, also.

I have no ties to Lazarus or any other company selling CBD oil. Do your homework and you will be fine. CBD oil is expensive.

My guess is that baclofen handles muscle spasticity as well as CBD oil and is a great deal less expensive. Of course, there are other reasons to try it besides spasticity. There is no way to know if it will have the desired effects for you unless you try it, if you can afford it.

Comment

I talked to my neuro about CBD OIL and he had no problem with me trying it.

Mamabug, Did she tell you how long it might take to see some results and what mg did she suggest?

Myoak, Are you saying Lazarus Naturals is a reputable Co.?
                      God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi Reg53,

IMO, there are several reputable companies selling CBD oil and yes, I believe Lazarus Naturals is one of them.

Especially relevant to people with MS is the 40% discount on already price competitive products to those with long-term disability. I found notable since CBD oil is so expensive.

Best to you!

Comment

Thank you Myoak.
                          God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                            Mamabug, Did she tell you how long it might take to see some results and what mg did she suggest?
                            No, she didn't say how long it might take, or even what results to look for. I requested CBD oil and had done some of my own online research about it.

She suggested taking the recommended daily dose (1 tablet per day) and taking it in the evening.
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Started today

I started a Tincture (drops) today. Specifically - "Clarity", it's made by Liberty and is a Sativa Hybrid Tincture. Tastes like spearmint, just put a couple drops in my tea. Interested in following this thread. I don't feel anything yet, but patience is a virtue, and I'm clearly lacking in that area.

I have to get my mood level up. I've had some really dark days lately. And my fatigue is overwhelming and imbolizing. I received authorization last week (I'm in MD, need prescription for medical Cannibas), but didn't get my prescription today.

I went to bed last night at 6:30 p.m. - in my clothes, no less, and slept until 8:30 this morning. I got up and said today's the day, I've got to do something.

Comment

Working...
                              X