Hopeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopeless

So I had to medically retire from the fire department. Denied Social Security. Husband moved out . I just want to go be in the sun and walk without having to use the bathroom every five minutes . Just started a Ocrevus so maybe things will turn around. . This disease is very depressing . Miss my life.

I was denied SS.. found an attorney that specialized in SS denial cases. She took 25% of what I would get in back SS or nothing if I was denied. I had to go to a SS Dr. to be assessed. I was given SS and it was fine paying her 25% to get the 75% and then monthly disability .

My life became a new normal-I accepted it. I was dx 1988-I have enjoyed my QOL even tho it changed

Good Luck and My Best Wishes!
    Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Jj12010 View Post
      So I had to medically retire from the fire department. Denied Social Security. Husband moved out .... This disease is very depressing . Miss my life.
      MS is depressing. When you add in the loss of a job and the end of a relationship that makes things worse. (I know because I went thru the same thing).
      BUT being denied from SSDI is much more common and as mentioned already a disability attorney will take your case for a percentage of that you get from Social Security (if they win) and they get nothing if they don't win. (I also had to retain an attorney).

I didn't use him for my Social security, but our MS Lawyer here on MS World is great! Mr. Jamie Hall took my husband's LTD Denial case and we were informed today that the company has reversed their original decision and will now pay my husband what he should have been getting for over a year now.

Mr. Hall is very easy to talk with and he will tell you what it would take to win your case. His information is in a forum below this one. I can't remember what it is under but I want to think that it is under social security? In any event he is introduced in the stickies section. Don't freak out about his location - I live in SC and he was still able to take my husbands case. All communications went through phone conversations, text messages and occasionally even 'snail mail'.

I have heard a lot of good things about Ocrevus, so maybe your best days are on the way.

I have not been dx'ed as long as lindaincolorado, but like her I have a new normal and my QOL is good (most days).

Good luck!

Comment

I think unless terminal or severely disabled, SSDI denies. It's cold, but I think they bank on people not appealing.

I also appealed with an attorney. It is worth it. The max amount they can be paid is legislated and believe are only paid if you win. If you decide to go it alone, just know that if denied and need to go to next level, you become limited in any new information you can introduce to the case. It may also be hard to find an attorney if you appealed at one level and lost, since hands are tied on info allowed in the appeal and the fact they only get paid if they win.

Good luck.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X