Ocrevus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus

I just had my first dose of Ocrevus. Very tired I do feel a little different but nothing major but it is the first day so we will see I believe it’s the Benadryl they give you made me super tired . Wish they had something that said when you could expect to see changes. It was not a horrible experience Just long like some of the other drugs.. This makes drug five for me hope it does a better job than the others.

Feeling stronger on Ocrevus

“Give it time” I have had 2 treatments and I do feel a difference. I don’t have to lay down in the afternoon. I saw real changes within a month. I hope your experience with this drug is a step forward. I hate that you had to go through 5 other drugs.

QUOTE=Jj12010;1509583]I just had my first dose of Ocrevus. Very tired I do feel a little different but nothing major but it is the first day so we will see I believe it’s the Benadryl they give you made me super tired . Wish they had something that said when you could expect to see changes. It was not a horrible experience Just long like some of the other drugs.. This makes drug five for me hope it does a better job than the others.[/QUOTE]

Comment

No experience personally, but talked to a few people on it. They all feel better. Here's hoping you do soon. Lots of luck.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Ocrevus

Jj12010,

Tuesday I will be starting my Ocrevus treatment and I am so excited! Tysabri is the only other treatment I've had where I live not only had absolutely no side effects but I also regained my ability to walk with only one crutch or sometimes no crutches!

I'm going into this though and I'm going to give myself until my first 6 months treatment to see any changes. That way if they happen sooner I'll be over the moon but if it takes a little while I won't be disappointed!

Best wishes with your treatments and prayers that you see a tremendous change in your symptoms!!

Comment

I'm going to my third full treatment this Wednesday at Ohio State. For those new to this, your first treatment is two half doses ten days apart then every six months after that with a full dose. The Benadryl puts you to sleep through some of the five hour treatment but I drive home after so don't think you're waiting any period of time for it to wear off. I've heard from others laying next to me they've not had a relapse since starting Ocrevus. I'm lucky enough to have Permanent Progressive MS which is a constant nightmare and have felt no difference in my 1 1/2 years using it.

Good luck to everyone else, I've heard good things from others. I'll say one thing to the administrator of this site, if this doesn't start letting me type faster than a snail, I will not use it again.

Comment

2nd Ocrevus dose

I just completed the second half of my first dose yesterday and again I've had no side effects at all!
            My husband made a comment to me though that he feels my legs are getting stronger! He's really been struggling with his own back trying to lift me up and balance me and he said he's noticed that I'm actually taking a lot of the weight on myself! I don't have my first full dose in December. I'm hoping that everything keeps going the way it is, I'm going to be very excited!

Comment

Working...
            X