Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/24/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/24/18

So sorry I forgot to post this last night, also this a.m.

Hi Everyone. We are having another sunny day after torrents of rain for days. It is truly great to be alive. That is a sentiment we with MS must embrace. Feeling happy and optimistic makes weight loss easier. And it is an ingredient for keeping it off. May you all stay on the bright path. Have a blessed Memorial Day.

I lost a pound and one half this week so weigh 116. I am pleased and will reward myself with left over Indian cuisine. It is in a small container so should not add any weight. I will shoot for a half a pound weight loss at next weigh in.

Agate, good for you for your nice loss. I am sure your study with weigh ins is having a positive effect. I know what you mean by time flying by. It seems like no time at all between writing this column. Keep up the good progress.

Mamabug, that is a small gain. I am glad you reweighed. Fluctuations in weight do seem a bit confusing at times. It takes several days for gains and losses to register based on food consumption. Cutting back on food intake will not immediately show on the scale. Same with eating more. Bowel activity also plays a role in scale results to say nothing of salt intake or lack of it. We often don’t realize how much salt we are eating especially when eating out where salt is very high. Weighing different times of the day can have an effect. Good luck.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I pray all is well.

Msgijo, sorry about your small gain. You are right, boredom can have an effect. Knowing you though, you will get right back upon the horse. There is no keeping you down. Keep fighting the good fight.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Be patient. While cultivating that virtue isn't exactly painless, it may help to know that keeping weight off generally gets easier over time.

That's the result of a study published in Obesity Research, where researchers found that for people who had lost at least 30 pounds -- and kept it off for at least two years -- maintaining that weight loss required less effort as time went on.

So if you crave the results reported by successful "losers" like these -- improved self-confidence, a boost in mood, and better health -- cultivate patience. You may find your way to sweet (and nearly painless) weight loss success.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

4 pounds by two members. It is good to have positive results in this column. It is proof that it can be done. May we all be in this column this coming week.

Total Gain:

1 pound by two members. Congratulations for confessing the truth. That increases the probability that you will be in the loss column this coming week.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4097.8 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.4 lbs

Recent weights:
    05/18/18: 137.2 lbs
    05/24/18: 136.8 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 0.2 pounds

I seem to be stuck - on an upwards trend .

5/18 123.8
      5/25 124.0

First let me say THANK YOU to everyone willing to post weight struggles and offer encouragement !
      It seems that my only support for my weight goals is HERE. Even my mom and daughter are just so done with hearing me talk about gaining less than a pound here or maybe even a couple of pounds there - they are both overweight and think that I am too skinny as it is .

Even my dh thinks that I am crazy to put in ANY effort to lose or maintain current weight, and lord knows he needs to lose some. In fact I will put part of the blame for this weeks gain on him - rather than eating something healthy at home he 'dresses up' eating out by saying that he wants to give me break from cooking .
      I think that they are all just jealous that I have lost so much .

Seriously though I have eaten mostly good choice foods (except for the 'brownie bites which jumped into my cart at the store the other day ). Maybe I need to look at the protein bars that I have been eating for breakfast (maybe they are not really such a good choice?).

Faith - Great loss ! Keep up the good work.

Karen - Fantastic loss ! You deserve that little splurge. And BTW - I ended up with your rain. At least the cloud cover is keeping the temps down some.

Hope everybody has a wonderful Memorial Day (remember it is NOT about the food ).

Comment

Working...
      X