Burning legs actually burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning legs actually burning

Battling this fatigue, I tried to stop taking Gabapentin. I haven’t had it for 4-5 days now. (Also neuro suggested this.) While I can’t tell a difference at all with the exhaustion, I didn’t realize how much that med helped me!!!

My upper right thigh has burned since the beginning of my wonky little MS journey. However, now both legs burn and hurt (right definitely more than left)! And my legs are actually putting off heat. It’s crazy— like when my kiddos were babies and had a fever, and I could just put my hand near their little heads and feel the heat. Just like that.

Added to all this, our A/C has gone out in our house! Ceiling fans are helping and it isn’t unbearable yet.... I know the heat can’t be helping things.

Do I restart Gabapentin just like I started it, titrating the dose for days until I gradually get back to 3 per day?

Anyone else feel like they’ve got fire-limbs?
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
    Battling this fatigue, I tried to stop taking Gabapentin. I haven’t had it for 4-5 days now. (Also neuro suggested this.) While I can’t tell a difference at all with the exhaustion, I didn’t realize how much that med helped me!!!

My upper right thigh has burned since the beginning of my wonky little MS journey. However, now both legs burn and hurt (right definitely more than left)! And my legs are actually putting off heat. It’s crazy— like when my kiddos were babies and had a fever, and I could just put my hand near their little heads and feel the heat. Just like that.

Added to all this, our A/C has gone out in our house! Ceiling fans are helping and it isn’t unbearable yet.... I know the heat can’t be helping things.

Do I restart Gabapentin just like I started it, titrating the dose for days until I gradually get back to 3 per day?

Anyone else feel like they’ve got fire-limbs?
    I think you should talk to your Dr about it and if they say yes then do like when you first started it.
    I feel for you I go through that daily along with my spasms and more. And yes the heat will make it worse as far as the fatigue goes. Plan on only trying to do stuff before 10:30-11:00 in the morning and after 5:00 in the evening if the weather is to hot where you live.

Comment

Thanks for that advice, Bobby72. It isn't terribly hot here (Kentucky), but it's getting there. I ended up breaking down and contacting my neuro and he said definitely start taking the Gabapentin again, and work back up to the original dose. Then work up to doubling the dose. He advised that once the pain was under control, we'd work on the fatigue.

Do you take anything for your burning pain and spasms? Have you found anything that helped you?
      DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
      - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

Working...
      X