• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 05/17/18

Seven checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Five made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    Two didn't make goals. It sounds like there were good reasons -- still recovering from old fall, weak and tired, etc. Please just take care of yourselves and do what you can.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals

Thurs - 3018 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Fri - 1642 steps
    Sat - 1351 steps
    Sun - 2144 steps
    Mon - 1224 steps
    Tues - 2807 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 1703 steps; SS Yoga

Total = 13,899 steps Average = 1984 steps

I'm going to say that I made partial goals. Although I didn't reach either goal completely, I came really really close to my goal of 2000 steps per day, and I exercised 3 days instead of 4, which isn't horrible.

Same goal next week.
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT or something else.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Did not make goal.

I had a bad wk. Rode bike 2 days. I've had lower back pain and leg pain. It is feeling a little better today. I believe it is sciatica.

I will be going on vac. for the next two wks.

Mamabug, reaching your partial goal is still a great exercising week.

I hope everyone is doing well and will have a great wk.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Didn't Make Goals......

Hello!

Short and sweet today. Almost did. 3000 is what I'd like to do.

Total=20,731 Average=2962

Good job to the team! No matter what.....we have each other to keep motivated.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS
        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Made Goals

Goals are 5000 steps on 4 or more days OR an average of 4000 steps a day.

Thu 7547 (yard work)
          Fri 7413 (laundry)
          Sat 5846 (1 hour volunteer work)
          Sun 7042
          Mon 5637
          Tue 5211 (volunteer work)
          Wed 7392 (media room at church)

I made over 5K steps on all 7 days and averaged 6584 steps/day.
          I will up my goals a little for next week. New goals for next week are 5000 steps on 4 or more days week or average 5000 steps/day.
          It appears that I am becoming much more efficient at my volunteer work (the steps that I got in this week are WAY LOW compared to what they were in the past). Of course we ARE moving into a new facility and as such I haven't been there as much as I was last month. Sat will be the real test on my steps .

It has been a dreary week here - has rained most days and is expected to continue the same into next week. When the increased temps are added to the increased humidity I feel like a slug.

Mamabug - Great job on you partial goals accomplished ! I find myself running into that also - not pushing so hard to start with and then finding that I have lost the days when I "should have/could have". But we ARE moving more than we would have without trying at all.

REG53 - Great job pushing through to exercise twice this week ! Hope that you have a good time on your vacation (and that the pain will ease off enough so that you can enjoy yourself).

Doing ANYTHING is better than doing nothing. I hope that everyone has a safe week doing as much as they can !

Comment

Made goal here!

Babysat twice, gardening twice, one day of housecleaning including vacuuming. I felt good this week

Mamabug, good job on your partial goal!
            REG - sorry you were in pain. Have fun on your vacation - hope it's pain free and relaxing

Have a great exercise week to all of you!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Made goals: up on feet with rollator (standing, walking, and doing activities) 4X a day at 30min each (which includes walking 5X during the week at 30 min each), and stretches.

Still holding steady with current goals.

Little bit fatigued today, but a good sleep should take care of that.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation REG!

Good luck on upping your goals msgijo!

Partial goals are a also good thing Mamabug!

Hope you have another good week Seasha!

You were pretty darn close Susie, good job!

Wishing everyone good energy!
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks!

This is such an awesome group. You are all so good at encouraging me, and each other. I do know that, even when I don't meet my goals, I am moving more than I would be without this group.

I started this weekly thread because we used to have one. It ended when, after many months of declining participation, it felt like only moderators were participating anymore, and we were likely just continuing in order to encourage others to join us. It was no longer working.

However, after our previous group ended, it became evident to me that my activity level was consistently continuing to decline. I still wore my tracker and noticed fewer and fewer daily steps and I was down to exercising only one day per week (down from two or three). I used to go to Curves for 4 years -- then they closed and I switched to the Y for a year. Then I switched to the Rec Center/Wellness Center because it cost less.

Now, although my daily steps are less than they used to be during the early years of that old weekly exercise thread (due to a decline in my abilities and a decline in volunteer work and leaving the house), my daily steps are definitely up from before I started this weekly thread. And, the number of my exercise days are often up to 4 per week, which is better than they were, even on the previous thread.

I have a fear of more progression of my MS than I used to experience, now that I seem to be moving into/toward SPMS. I attribute my motivation to keep moving, in an effort to delay that, in large part, to this group.

I am just thrilled at the regular participation in this group. You all keep me going. Thanks.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Did not make my goal

Once again I did not completely meet my goals. I exercised three out of four days with varying commitment each day. The handwriting is on the wall. I cannot do what I have been doing. My symptoms are worse and my stamina less. I have an appointment with my neuro next month and I am going to ask him to recommend physical therapy again. One of my current exercises is downright dangerous. I almost fell. I will do what I am able this week.

Seasha, thank you for your comments last week. I really appreciated what you had to say.

Congratulations to all who are doing so well and to those who are trying their best. Karen

Comment

Working...
                  X