Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuing Disability Review Report (SSA-454-BK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing Disability Review Report (SSA-454-BK)

Hello everybody, I have a question about long disability review.
    I have got disability for major depression diagnosis. But later my diagnosis was changed to: bipolar affective disorder most recent depressive episode. Will it be change of diagnosis for disability? Or this conditions are close enough for disability proposes?
    Thank you.
    Michael

I don't have an answer to your question. Hopefully, the MS Lawyer will be along soon to help you with that.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

It's interesting that the SSA would have relied upon depression rather than MS in approving your claim. I have seen this with several cases approved at the initial level.

You should list the 'new' diagnosis on the form, as well as the prior diagnosis of major depression (if this is still accurate). You want to be sure to keep the SSA well informed at this stage, as you may end up before a judge and will want to be able to develop the impact the new diagnosis has on your ability to work.

A friendly reminder... Should the SSA issue a letter of cessation (finding that you are no longer disabled and stopping your benefits), you should appeal immediately. An appeal within 10 days requires the SSA to continue your disability payments while you await a hearing. It goes without saying that you should not attend this hearing without counsel.

Best of luck!
      Attorney Jamie R. Hall's practice is focused on assisting individuals with claims and appeals for Social Security Disability and Long Term Disability benefits. He has assisted claimants nationwide, approximately half of whom are MS patients, from his Pennsylvania and Ohio locations. **No attorney/client relationship is created by this communication, and information provided herein is not a substitute for formal advisement.**

Comment

Working...
      X