I'm in AFO Hell!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in AFO Hell!!!!

I just got bilateral carbon fiber AFOs three days ago and I'm really struggling. I have foot drop on both sides, right side worse than left.

I will go back to the orthotics office in a couple of weeks, but I could use some advice in the meantime. I am currently wearing the right AFO all the the time, but trying to wear the left one at the same time seems impossible. I'm pretty knock-kneed, and strapping on the second AFO interferes with the first when I walk. I really didn't want the left AFO, but PT and the orthotics technician said Ishould have both.

I trying to gradually transition to using both AFOs by "practicing" in the house using both. Does this get easier?

Early on when I was more mobile, at PT's advice and insurance's approval I had one made for my left foot/lower leg only. Once it was delivered they adjusted the straps and worked with me to get started using it.

I did finally get used to it, so best wishes and hopefully you will get used to your situation of two AFOs soon.

Comment

ankle device for foot drop

Hi I also have foot drop and I tried the Darcy X Brace suggest you take a look

Comment

Working...
      X