X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 05/10/18

Six checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Five of you made goals! Awesome. (And, as I reminder, the previous week, we all made them. We're sort of on a roll.)

GOALS MISSED:
    I didn't make goals last week -- low motivation.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both goals

Thurs - 1827 steps
    Fri - 2127 steps; Chair exercise on YouTube
    Sat - 2157 steps; Chair exercise on YouTube
    Sun - 1628 steps
    Mon - 1715 steps
    Tues - 2327 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 2617 steps; Wellness Center

Total = 14,398 steps Average = 2057 steps

Same goal next week.
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT or something else.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goals

Mamabug good for you on making both goals!

Fortunately, I was able to make goal too - up on feet with rollator 4X a day at 30 min each (standing, walking, or doing activities), including 5 walks at 30 min each during the week, and stretches.

I had 2 days in which my walks were easier and a little faster than usual, which has really boosted my motivation.

Will continue on with the current goal for next week.

Wishing everyone a great week with good energy!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I had a wonderful "energy" week! I made my goal and then some.

Babysat 2x/week - about 3 hrs each
        Volunteered again at our Library's book sale - one morning
        Gardened 3 times - and almost finished planting my veggies
        Grocery shopping and some housework.

I hope next week is good too. You never know...

Have a great week everyone!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Goals are 5000 steps on 4 or more days OR an average of 4000 steps a day.

Thu 4005
          Fri 5136 Purchased Chicken feed and put it in Bins
          Sat 5429
          Sun 5318
          Mon 4956
          Tue 7589 Moved flowers out of Greenhouse and put Veg plants in container on porch
          Wed 7162 I got my 'initiation' into the world of 'live feed' (ran it and slides at church on Wed night - now all I need to learn is sound system [Check out Graniteville Community Church of God]).

Walked over 5K steps on 5 out of 7 days and averaged 5656 steps/day . I surprised myself doing so well on a self declared 'do nothing' week.
          I will keep same goals for next week.

Seasha - Great week ! I would love to have a small garden plot but new puppy is NOT well behaved enough to even consider one - he is a digger so I imagine that any place I start digging he will consider as THE place to dig . My main volunteer work is next week so barring any 'bumps' I should have a good week.

KoKo - Great job . You are my motivation on the days that I have to push to get enough steps in. The first time that I see that you didn't make your goal I just may feel "justified" in getting slack .

Mamabug - Great job . Glad to see that you are feeling more motivated this week.

Hope that everyone is doing well on their goals this week - looking forward to seeing how wonderful we all did .

Comment

Didn't Make Goal!

Congrats to all of you!!!! You deserve a round of applause I had a tougher week. I've been very dizzy the last couple of weeks but really bad with some vomiting. I have an appt. with my pcp in a week and a half. If this is vertigo......not pretty at all. I did my best.
            Three months ago a had a major fall on my left side into a cement wall. I was bruised on my face badly and totally crushed my glasses. I don't have eye insurance and had the ophthalmologists send me my prescription and paid my yearly fee 0f $16.00 to AARP. you receive 30% eye-wear so I took it to Shop Ko and got my glasses there. the last few months I've noticed a few headaches here and there and then things have gotten worse. So we'll see.

I've been trying to get 3000 steps with some stretches.

Thurs-1968
            Fri-4196
            Sat-897 (very bad day)
            Sun-2698
            Mon-4096
            Tues-1921
            Weds-2256

Total=17,962 Average=2568

I hope next week is better. I'm so glad you all did so well!! Please let's keep motivated.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I made goal. Rode bike 3 days and 1 day walking and standing for 30mins outside. I am fighting another uti, having muscle spasms and leg pain a lot at night but I managed to push thru.

Mamabug, Glad you were able to make both you goals.

Koko, Good job! Glad you had a burst of energy for 2 days.

Seasha, Wow! Good Job.

msgijo, You sure had a great wk. for it to be a do nothing wk.

Diamond, You still had a great wk. I hope the dr. helps you to feel better.

Wishing everyone a good week.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Great job everyone!

Susie - I'm sorry you are not feeling well - vertigo is the pits! You came so close. I hope you feel better soon

Comment

I meant Reg and Seasha

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                  RRMS
                  Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Did not make my goal

Congratulations to all of you who did so well. I did not get any exercises done. I felt really under the weather, weak and tired. I will try to do better the coming week. Karen

Comment

I'm sorry you are not feeling well, and are weak and tired. Please take care of yourself. You are probably doing the right things by not over taxing yourself with exercising. Hope you feel better soon

Comment

Susie --
                        Sorry about the fall, the bruises, the crushed glasses and the headaches. I hope things get better.

Karen --
                        I hope you felt better this week -- not so weak and tired.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                        X