Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/10/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/10/18

Hi Everyone. Happy Mother’s Day. My oldest son came a week early so as to miss all of the airplane traffic. It was wonderful having him here but we ate out every night. And not the healthiest food choices. Needless to say my scale reminds me. Oh well, most of us fall off the wagon from time to time. The main thing is to reverse the process as soon as possible. I froze some of the yummy left overs so as not to keep eating the wrong things. I’ll splurge once in a while after my weight returns to normal.

I gained FIVE pounds this week so weigh120.5. I know some of it is fluid retention but most is fat. I am going to try to get back down to 115. I will try to lose a pound this week.

Agate, I don’t remember if you mentioned your study earlier. What is the premise? You certainly are not overweight. I am most interested to hear what its all about if you don’t mind telling us. Good luck.

Mamabug, happy belated birthday. That’s great that you lost some with all the festivities. I am amazed with all the celebratory activities that included food. Keep up the good work!

Hsmaldo, sorry about your small gain. But you can take that off in no time. I hope your hubby does not continue bringing you edible goodies. I am glad you are celebrating your overall success and give yourself credit for your overall loss. I am so pleased to hear of the success of your medication and am so glad you are feeling better. Very best wishes.

Msgijo, Good going especially with your church luncheon. Good for your husband for getting rid of the junk food. Good for you for preparing yourself to take advantage of salad choices that will soon be available. Keep up the positive attitude.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Eating an early dinner or skipping it altogether could be effective in fighting body fat, according to research.

Researchers from the University of Alabama at Birmingham studied whether a person could burn more fat if they altered their eating schedule. A group of 11 men and women followed a unique diet where they ate all of their meals for the day by mid-afternoon.

“Eating only during a much smaller window of time than people are typically used to may help with weight loss,” said Courtney Peterson, lead researcher. “We found that eating between 8 am and 2 pm followed by an 18-hour daily fast kept appetite levels more even throughout the day, in comparison to eating between 8 am and 8 pm, which is what the average American does.”

The study’s results indicated that the early time-restricted feeding reduced daily hunger swings and increased the amount of fat burned at night. It also improved metabolic flexibility, which is the body’s ability to switch between burning carbs and fats.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.7 pounds by three members. Those fractions do add up. Having more losers than gainers is a positive statistic. Every loss big or small shows that we are on the right track.

Total Gain:

1.4 pounds by two members. Good for you both for admitting the truth. That increases the chance for you to be in the loss column next week.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4089.7 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

I'm down 1.4 lbs from 221.9 to 220.4. This was despite eating out a few times this week due to evening activities.

I have lots of deadlines looming and not much time to get things done, so that's a little stressful. The month is already flying by and I'm trying to stay organized. But the girls are going on field trips, having parties and talent shows and there is just SO MUCH PAPER stuff coming home from school! Working during the weekends at the horse shows just compounds the issue since I don't have time to look through all the paper before the new week starts!

But overall, despite that, I'm doing pretty well and hanging in there. I hope you all have a great week!

Comment

Lost 0.6 lbs

Recent weights:
      05/03/18: 137.2 lbs
      5/10/18: 136.6 lbs

(Pre-vacation weight was 134.8 lbs. Still working to get back down to that, and then down more. Next vacation begins at the end of June; I'm hoping that I won't gain again.)
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 1.8 pounds .

5/3 125.0
        5/10 123.2

I was surprised that I had lost so much - it is finally HOT here (well 90's) and I have not slept well at all this week. Just felt 'off' all week.
        My husband is not doing well either - it is like he has regressed. He is having tremors (won't let me call them seizures ) and his balance is SO off. He has an appointment with his PCP next week and his neuro later in the month. But it is upsetting to see him in this state and having to pick back up from where he was right after his surgery.

Mamabug - Great loss ! Keep up the momentum and you will be back to 'pre-vacation' weight in no time.

hsmaldo - Great loss ! It sounds like you made some good choices when eating out . It is good to hear that you are handling the stress so well (Just remember that it is Okay to say "no" when it gets to be too much).

ShrinkKaren - How depressing to gain so much weight when you had finally started to lose some. But great to hear that you have a plan already in place (freezing leftovers and knowing that the next step is to reverse the gain trend as soon as possible) . And it WAS a special occasion. Hoping that you have a better upcoming week .

Tip For The Week - Yeah that seems to work for me. In addition I have the added reminder to eat early because of rather severe acid reflux. I nag my mother about eating late at least twice a week - they always eat a large meal after 8 pm .

Sending everybody good 'losing' vibes .

Comment

Working...
        X