Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus and Breast cancer

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the proposed rate of developing breast cancer with the use of Ocrevus since this drug became FDA approved?

I have been doing some research and I am having a hard time finding any information. I only see results when the drug was in clinical trials.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Blue Satin

Originally posted by bluesatin View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the proposed rate of developing breast cancer with the use of Ocrevus since this drug became FDA approved?

I have been doing some research and I am having a hard time finding any information. I only see results when the drug was in clinical trials.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Blue Satin
    Hi BlueSatin

Since Ocrevus has been FDA approved for only a little over a year (March of 2017), it is too early to tell.

This is info from the Cleveland Clinic Mellen Center for MS, on Ocrevus and breast cancer:

Neoplasms:

Neoplasms occurred rarely across all treatment arms in all 3 Phase III clinical trials. The rates of events overall are consistent with what is expected in an MS patient population.

Breast cancer occurred in 6 of 781 females treated with ocrelizumab and none of the 668 females treated with interferon beta 1a or placebo.

Longer-term data are required to effectively assess the impact of ocrelizumab on rates of malignancy. We recommend patients adhere to usual age-appropriate malignancy screening recommendations.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/-/sca...mab.ashx?la=en

Hope this helps.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks Koko

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hi BlueSatin

Since Ocrevus has been FDA approved for only a little over a year (March of 2017), it is too early to tell.

This is info from the Cleveland Clinic Mellen Center for MS, on Ocrevus and breast cancer:

Neoplasms:

Neoplasms occurred rarely across all treatment arms in all 3 Phase III clinical trials. The rates of events overall are consistent with what is expected in an MS patient population.

Breast cancer occurred in 6 of 781 females treated with ocrelizumab and none of the 668 females treated with interferon beta 1a or placebo.

Longer-term data are required to effectively assess the impact of ocrelizumab on rates of malignancy. We recommend patients adhere to usual age-appropriate malignancy screening recommendations.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/-/sca...mab.ashx?la=en

Hope this helps.

Take Care
      Hi,

Thanks so very much for your response. Yes, this definitely helps.

All the best.

Blue Satin

Comment

On my last neuro appointment, I was told about the increased chance of breast cancer and questioned about family history. I’ve been kind of slacking off on the mammogram thing, so I needed one.

Comment

kmallory

Originally posted by kmallory1 View Post
          On my last neuro appointment, I was told about the increased chance of breast cancer and questioned about family history. I’ve been kind of slacking off on the mammogram thing, so I needed one.

Hi,
          I had my first Ocrevus infusion on 5/4/18. I have to go back for my second infusion on 5/17/18. The only reaction I had was flushing on the left side of my facial cheek but it surpassed on the drive home. They didn't even need to give me more Benadryl or anything, thankfully.

I am getting a 3D mammogram on 5/10/18.

Thanks
          Blue Satin

Comment

Working...
          X