Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 05/03/18

Seven checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    We all made goals!

GOALS MISSED:
    -

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't make goals

Thurs - 1092 steps
    Fri - 2225 steps; Wellness Center
    Sat - 1643 steps
    Sun - 1945 steps
    Mon - 1245 steps
    Tues - 2420 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 1166 steps

Total = ? steps Average = ? steps

I didn't add them up, but it's easy to see that most days are under 2000 steps. I also only exercised twice. Just no motivation last week. Hope next week will be better.

Same goal next week.
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT or something else.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I made goal. Rode bike 4 days

Mamabug - sorry you didn't feel motivated this wk. but I think the number of steps you do is a very good work out. I hope next wk you feel more motivated.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Made Goals

Goals are 5000 steps on 4 or more days OR an average of 4000 steps a day.

Thu 6078 - Wind blew a panel off greenhouse and cracked it- had to chase it down repair/replace it
        Fri 5392
        Sat 5727 - moved flowers outside *except a couple of huge cati which I need help with
        Sun 5367
        Mon 6176 1 hour Volunteer work
        Tue 6544 Lunch at church (set up and clean up afterwards)
        Wed 4857 Doctor appointment and video booth at church on Wed night service.

I made over 5K steps on 6 out of 7 days and averaged 5734 steps/day.
        I will keep same goal for next week even though I am looking forward to a "do nothing' type of week . I have NOTHING of the schedule (except for video booth at church on Wed night). I hope to branch out and learn to be able to cover the sound system and the 'live feed' aspects also.

Mamabug I can relate to the feeling of no motivation. As you can see from my activities everything that I did this past week was a have to do or something that I had obligated myself to doing. Hope that this week will be better for you . (BTW I averaged out your steps and you were only 232 steps away from meeting your average step goal )

Comment

Mamabug - We understand not feeling motivated. We have all felt that at times and hope next week will be a better week for you!

I forgot to write down my activities for this past week, but I know it was a busy week! With babysitting, gardening and yard work, some- but not a whole lot of house work and volunteering at our Library book sale, I know that I reached my goal.

I'm waiting for some rainy weather to clean more of my house! lol

Stay motivated and energized everyone
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made all my goals 100 percent

Congratulations to all who made goals. Mamabug, I include you because you were so close. I am having a tough time. Feel weak. Karen

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Still holding steady and made goal, thankfully.

Up on feet with rollator 4X a day at 30 min each (standing, walking, or doing activities) and stretches. I was able to walk 5X at 30 min each during the week.

I guess my main motivators are: keeping off of my bottom enough to stave off nasty pressure sores (which I am very prone to get), and also the hope that I will continue to be able to walk, through consistent repetition, for as long as possible.

Wishing everyone good energy and motivation.
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made Goal!

Hi! I was so busy yesterday.......I totally forgot. DUH! Keep up the good work whether you make it or not.

Thurs-5655
                Fri-4306
                Sat-3555
                Sun 2580
                Mon2917
                Tues-2766
                Weds-2950

Total=24,729 Average=3532 I did not do any stretches because my right leg kept going into Charly Horses. I've beeb getting them off and on again. I take all my vitamins but a friend tol me about leg cramps and going to try. See you next next week.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                RRMS
                Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Working...
                X