Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/3/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/3/18

Hi Everyone. A big storm is rolling in as I type. I will likely lose power to continue this report so will rush through as fast as I can. Best wishes to everyone.

I lost half a pound this week so weigh115.5. My ankles and legs continue to be quite swollen so I know that is some of my weight. I am going to try to get back down to 115. I will try to lose a half pound this week.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week, I hope all is well.

Mamabug, sorry about your teeny gain but I know you can reverse the process. Hang tough.

Hsmaldo, good for you for your small loss. Every bit counts. I hope you have a good time on Saturday. Keep up the good work,

Msgijo, sorry about your gain but knowing you, you will promptly reverse the process. I hope you have gotten rid of that junk food. To answer your question there does not seem to be an effective medication for my problem without similar side effects. I will do what I can to not aggravate the problem by indulging in sodium rich food. Best wishes.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Researchers from Cornell University found that study participants who weighed themselves daily and charted their results lost significantly more weight than those who did not. They were also able to keep the weight off.

“Obesity is a chronic, lifelong condition and must be addressed as such through lifelong changes,” says Dr. Shane Fogo, an Advocate Medical Group family medicine physician at Advocate Eureka Hospital in Eureka, Ill. “Keeping track of your weight daily not only helps to confirm if your weight loss plan is working, but helps you monitor potential weight gain once you have reached your weight loss goal.”

Daily self-weighing and tracking “forces you to be aware of the connection between your eating and your weight,” lead study author David Levitsky said in a news release. “It used to be taught that you shouldn’t weigh yourself daily, and this is just the reverse.”

The researchers found that self-weighing and tracking are simple ways to reinforce and strengthen positive behaviors such as eating less and maintaining regular exercise.

“You just need a bathroom scale and an Excel spreadsheet, or even a piece of graph paper,” said Levitsky.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.2 pound by one member. Every little bit counts. Every loss big or small shows that one is on the right track.

Total Gain:

3.2 pounds by two members. Once more congratulations for admitting the truth. It is only by facing up to facts can behavior change.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4088.0 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.4 lbs

Recent weights:
    03/29/18: 134.8 lbs -- before vacation
    I gained a bunch of weight on vacation. After vacation, I weighed 137.2 lbs.
    04/19/18: 137.6 lbs -- one week after vacation
    05/03/18: 137.2 lbs

OK. I'm back to my after-vacation weight. I'm pretty surprised that I didn't gain this week. I celebrated my birthday four times (in-laws took us out for a meal, had cake with my small-group friends, went out with "birthday friends" -- annual tradition because our birthdays are 3 days in a row, went out to eat with hubby and son) and had a carry-in meal at church on Sunday. Lots of food occasions.

Now, I need to get down to my pre-vacation weight.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 0.8 pounds

4/26 125.8
      5/3 125.0

It was hard work this week to lose weight - we had a lunch at the church. Lots of food that was calling my name, but I ignored it - and didn't eat any desert except for a little sugar-free banana pudding. Convinced DH to take care of all of the junk food around here so there wasn't all those temptations laying around (of course I missed it but since it wasn't here it was NOT worth going to the store to get more).

It is getting hot enough here to start thinking of salads as meals (just need to get DH on the same page ). And the farmers market should have fresh vegetables in soon. At least SOME positives in this battle.
      I will attempt to lose half a pound this week.

Mamabug - Good loss . Keep up the good work.

Karen - Great loss . Especially with the deck stacked against you with your meds.

Wishing everyone a great week loosing the unwanted weight .

Comment

I'm up .4 lbs from 221.5 to 221.9. I think it was the sandwich I had last night at 10 pm--or the caramels that my husband brought me (that I wasn't really hungry for, but ate anyways because it was sweet of him!)

Overall, I'm not upset--it's MUCH better than the 227 I had faced earlier this spring and the overall trend seems to be going down.

Update on the meds--I've been on the Welbutrin for almost a month now and I can tell a HUGE difference. I just refilled it and am so happy that I pursued this. I have more motivation and am so much less irritable. I find myself laughing, instead of losing my cool at the things that used to set me off. I know my hubby and kids are happier with this change--as am I!!

It's hard to believe that we're wrapping up the first week in May. I have deadlines looming in the middle of the month at work, so working on getting all of that done while working this weekend at a horse show again--thankfully, this weekend will just involve sitting in the trailer sorting pictures and taking orders--I don't think I could handle another weekend of being on my feet all day taking pictures. Right now my back isn't too happy with me and my feet aren't far behind in their complaints!!

Karen, I saw that line of storms heading your way--my parents are in OK and they went into their cellar a few times that night. Crazy stuff! I hope your power stayed on for you!

Mamabug--Happy Belated birthday! 29 is such a big milestone!

Msgijo--salads are GREAT! Just have lots of toppings for the hubby to choose from and I'm sure he'll come around!

I hope you all have a great weekend!!

Comment

Sorry to have been absent. Taking part in this 3-year study has involved a bit of time and adjustment.

The equipment was installed on Wednesday, and it includes a scale. As part of the study I have to weigh myself daily. Sensors transmit the information to the study coordinators. I also wear a watch that supposedly tracks my steps. If it's doing that, so far I'm not aware of it. It may have a problem that needs fixing.

Now when I get on this new scale, I get a digital readout, and it's probably more accurate than my old scale, where I couldn't see exactly where the pointer was.

So today my weight was 121, which is up a pound since my last report here.

Karen, I agree about daily weighing and think it might be fairly important for me. In the last few years I've been slacking off and weighing myself only a couple of times a week. Now I'll be obliged to go back to daily weighing, and that just might help in my efforts at dropping about 10-15 pounds.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Originally posted by hsmaldo View Post
            I'm up .4 lbs from 221.5 to 221.9. I think it was the sandwich I had last night at 10 pm--or the caramels that my husband brought me (that I wasn't really hungry for, but ate anyways because it was sweet of him!)

Overall, I'm not upset--it's MUCH better than the 227 I had faced earlier this spring and the overall trend seems to be going down.
            I applaud you for your continuing efforts. In 2010/2011, I lost 60 pounds. I went from 180 to 120 lb; from a size 22 to a size 6. I am no longer 120 lbs or a size 6, but, I'm still in a "normal" weight range and no longer obese. Slow and steady wins the race, and fluctuations are often a normal part of weight loss. Although I went up and down a little bit throughout each month, I found that I averaged a 4-6 lb weight loss every month.

Checking in here every week contributed to my success.
            Originally posted by hsmaldo View Post
            Mamabug--Happy Belated birthday! 29 is such a big milestone!
            Lol. I have a friend that quit celebrating birthdays and decided to celebrate only anniversaries. And, she never got older than age 39. So, in the spirit of my friend, Evelyn, this year was the 17th anniversary of my 39th birthday.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              I applaud you for your continuing efforts. In 2010/2011, I lost 60 pounds. I went from 180 to 120 lb; from a size 22 to a size 6. I am no longer 120 lbs or a size 6, but, I'm still in a "normal" weight range and no longer obese. Slow and steady wins the race, and fluctuations are often a normal part of weight loss. Although I went up and down a little bit throughout each month, I found that I averaged a 4-6 lb weight loss every month.

Checking in here every week contributed to my success.

Lol. I have a friend that quit celebrating birthdays and decided to celebrate only anniversaries. And, she never got older than age 39. So, in the spirit of my friend, Evelyn, this year was the 17th anniversary of my 39th birthday.
              Happy belated birthday, Faith!

Birthdays aren't so bad if you don't think about the new age you're going to have to remember you are and fill in on forms. That thought is so unpleasant that you might as well cover it up by celebrating your birthday in considerable style.
              MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
              X