Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus-1st infusion tomorrow 5/3/18- Very nervous

Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow is my first Ocrevus infusion and I am extremely nervous about it. Hoping that I don't have any reactions.

My husband is taking me tomorrow early am. We have to be there bright and early. I was told that I will probably be there for about 5 and/or 6 hours.

Tonight will be a sleepless night.

I will let you know how I make out.

Would any one like to share their first Ocrevus infusion experience with me? Maybe it will calm me down.

Thanks
    Blue Satin

My first infusion went very well, no problems. It only took 4.5 hrs. I was pretty tired afterwards probably because of the Benadryl and sitting so long.

I take a snack or two and something to read. I also kept myself hydrated. I have now taken my first 6 mo. and all went well.

Wishing you the best.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
      My first infusion went very well, no problems. It only took 4.5 hrs. I was pretty tired afterwards probably because of the Benadryl and sitting so long.

I take a snack or two and something to read. I also kept myself hydrated. I have now taken my first 6 mo. and all went well.

Wishing you the best.
      Hello,
      Thanks very much. We are bringing snacks and water. This is reassuring. Have you noticed any improvements?
      Blue Satin

Comment

I fell asleep right after the Benadryl. Woke up and went home. I’m just extremely exhausted.
        The second time was about the same. I am still waiting to feel “different”. Good luck!

Comment

I'm sorry to say I haven't had any improvements but I haven't had a relapse, which is a good thing.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Reg53

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
            I'm sorry to say I haven't had any improvements but I haven't had a relapse, which is a good thing.
            It's okay. At least you haven't had a relapse, and that is most important. I think it takes at least a year sometimes before you see results. Stay positive.

I only had a slight redness in my left cheek on my face, but it now surpassed.

Thanks
            Blue Satin

Comment

Very interesting

I am very interested in how folks are doing with this. After copaxone for 6 Year’s. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Lavee View Post
                I am very interested in how folks are doing with this. After copaxone for 6 Year’s. Thanks
                Hi Queen Lavee,
                I had my 2nd half Ocrevus infusion on 5/7/18. I had no reactions. I have relapsing remitting MS since 1998. It might be psychological but the weakness in my lower extremities went away. I have more energy, not tired and it feels like my vision has improved. Time will tell. Good luck.
                Blue Satin

Comment

So Far No Change

I have had the first half dose and second full dose so far and third dose will be in September. I was DX in 2002 and had been on Betaseron for 15 years but grew weary of the shots. So far so good with Ocrevus, no better but no worse either. I'm going to give it a little more time before giving up on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X