Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use magnesium oil or spray for muscle cramps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use magnesium oil or spray for muscle cramps?

I read somewhere that there is a magnesium oil or spray you can rub on muscle cramps.

I have been getting Charlie horses in my calves and now in my right arm above the elbow on the inside.

I have tried magnesium 500 mg supplement.
    Anyone know if they work? Where I can purchase it?

Thanks
    Julie

Try going to amazon.com and googling magnesium spray for muscle cramps. I had multiple options that came up.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

When you get some, Jenaw, let me know if it helps. I get really bad leg cramps at times too and am taking magnesium supplements, but they're not really helping.

I was in a health food store and saw some homeopathic tincture for leg and toe cramps...I'm thinking of buying and trying some when I go back to the store.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

DIY?

I have been looking for a gel/lotion type of Magnesium to use for cramps and was wondering is a DIY type would work? I have seen Magnesium powder in the store and I have coconut oil (more like a lard) and considered mixing it together to make something to apply to my cramping areas. Has anyone done something like this and if so what were the results?

Comment

Ancient Minerals

Try googling "ancient minerals" for topical magnesium products. I've used the lotion form in the past and can't say that I noticed a significant difference......but my acupuncturist swears by it.

Comment

magnesium

[QUOTE=Jenaw35;1509153]I read somewhere that there is a magnesium oil or spray you can rub on muscle cramps.

magnesium is an electrolyte. it not going to soak through your skin and do anything. there are several

electrolytes and their balance is very delicate. messing with them can cause serious problems.

ive spent 29 years in EMS and have numerous instances of middle-aged women taking high-dose

calcium. calcium "antagonizes" magnesium and it dropped their serum calcium low enough to

cause potentially lethal heart rhythms.

Comment

Another muscle cramp remedy

Recently my husband who takes a Cal Mag supplement daily for his muscle cramps started having cramps again. Magnesium has always helped him.

We realized that we'd run out of B Complex and discovered that it is also said to work at avoiding cramps.

Once he started taking them again, his cramps stopped. So maybe the combination was helping him and we didn't know it.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
              X