Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interstim question/neurogenic bladder/urinary retention/flaccid- help

Hi,

Does anyone out there have a neurogenic bladder secondary to MS with urinary retention/flaccid bladder and have to perform intermittent self catherazation 4 x a day with disposable catheters, and find cathing such a nuisance? Well, I do.

I am looking for an alternative and recently read someone's post about Interstim. I am highly interested in that, and have to speak to my urologist.

I would love to hear feedback from someone about Interstim implant, and what they think about it?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Blue Satin

Hi Bluesatin I think this is the name of the problem I have but my symptoms are different, I explained to my Neurologist that I have a urgent bladder so when I have to go I have to go NOW
    I think they put a lot of neurological bladder issues under the same name, sorry I cant be of any help to your problem your post just caught my attention have a great day Craig
    wow I just forgot how to spell my name, well I think its my name Bye

Comment

Originally posted by dastardly View Post
      Hi Bluesatin I think this is the name of the problem I have but my symptoms are different, I explained to my Neurologist that I have a urgent bladder so when I have to go I have to go NOW
      I think they put a lot of neurological bladder issues under the same name, sorry I cant be of any help to your problem your post just caught my attention have a great day Craig
      wow I just forgot how to spell my name, well I think its my name Bye
      Thanks so much for the feedback. Have a great day.

Comment

Hi bluesatin,

My neuro said I would not be able to get a mri if I got one. I am interested to here what you neuro says.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by bluesatin View Post
          Hi,

Does anyone out there have a neurogenic bladder secondary to MS with urinary retention/flaccid bladder and have to perform intermittent self catherazation 4 x a day with disposable catheters, and find cathing such a nuisance? Well, I do.

I am looking for an alternative and recently read someone's post about Interstim. I am highly interested in that, and have to speak to my urologist.

I would love to hear feedback from someone about Interstim implant, and what they think about it?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
          Blue Satin
          I am in exactly the same boat as you Blue Satin. I have neurogenic, flaccid bladder with retension as well. I too, must self cath 4 times a day. I do have a question for you, what are you taking as a prophylactic to keep from getting UTIs? I've been taking 1 macrodantin a day for years. I too am very interested in the interstim...anything that would help! It's nice to know I'm not alone: )

Comment

Reg

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
            Hi bluesatin,

My neuro said I would not be able to get a mri if I got one. I am interested to here what you neuro says.
            Thanks I will let you know. Do you have urinary retention/neurogenic bladder?
            Curious to know.
            Blue Satin

Comment

Originally posted by Animaluver View Post
              I am in exactly the same boat as you Blue Satin. I have neurogenic, flaccid bladder with retension as well. I too, must self cath 4 times a day. I do have a question for you, what are you taking as a prophylactic to keep from getting UTIs? I've been taking 1 macrodantin a day for years. I too am very interested in the interstim...anything that would help! It's nice to know I'm not alone: )
              Hi,

My urologist doesn't have me on anything. He doesn't believe in antibiotics unless it is very necessary.

I recently developed a UTI which landed me in the hospital. I was given Cipro 500 mg twice a day for 10 days.

Yes, it is very nice to know that we aren't the only ones. I left a message with my urologist about Interstim.

As soon as I find out I will post the feedback. I hope you do the same.

We just have to hang in there until something better comes along

Have a blessed day.

Thanks
              Blue Satin

Comment

Yes, I cath once a day.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Reg53

Yes, I cath once a day.
                  That's great that you only have to cath once a day. In the past did you have to cath several times a day? I am curious to know. I would give anything to only have to cath once daily.
                  Thanks
                  Blue Satin

Comment

Years ago when I started, my urologist said 3 times a day. The nurse that showed me how, told me if I measured less than so many cc's ( I can't remember the no.) I would not have to cath. so many times so when I measured the amount she said I started cath 1 time a day. I hope it stays that way.
                    God Bless Us All

Comment

Reg53

Years ago when I started, my urologist said 3 times a day. The nurse that showed me how, told me if I measured less than so many cc's ( I can't remember the no.) I would not have to cath. so many times so when I measured the amount she said I started cath 1 time a day. I hope it stays that way.
                      Hello,
                      That's great.
                      Thanks
                      Blue Satin

Comment

Working...
                      X