• Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 04/26/18

Seven checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Four made made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    Three made partial goals.
    I suspect that, even during those weeks when we don't meet all of our goals, that we might still be moving more than we would be if we weren't here to encourage each other. I do believe that all of you help me to stay motivated and to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both goals

Averaged 2000+ steps per day; exercised 4 days.

Thurs - 2553 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Fri - 2564 steps; Wellness Center
    Sat - 1226 steps
    Sun - 1656 steps
    Mon - 1585 steps
    Tues - 2899 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 3110 steps; Wellness Center

Total = 14,567 steps Average = 2081 steps

Same goal next week.
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT or something else.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made goal!

Hi Team! Congrats Faith! I made my goal and upped to 3000 steps now along with stretches and marching in place. My body ached a lot with the damp weather and it's teasing. Last week killed me. I am grateful this week is a little better.

Thurs-3606
      Fri-2887
      Sat-2959
      Sun-1990
      Mon-3212
      Tues-3386
      Weds-3027
      Total-21,067 Average3001

Keep up the good work everyone!

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I made my goal. I rode my stationary bike 3 days, dh and I had a two day yard sale and I swept some floors.

I finally came to the conclusion that I'm not able to keep cleaning my house. My legs get so weak and burn, especially when I sweep and mop and the day after I have a lot of pain in lower back and leg when I try to get up from sitting. So this morning I hired a housekeeper to clean twice a month.

I will keep same goal, exercise 4 days a wk., whatever that may be.

mamabug, good job! You had a great wk.

Diamond, good job! Great wk. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Wishing everyone good energy and a great wk.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Made all my goals

I can scarcely believe I made all my goals. It has become harder and harder to do my many exercises. When doing leg lifts I had to reduce five pound weights to 2.5 pound weights. I can no longer lift the five pounders.

Good going Mamabug, Diamond 57 and REG53 for completing all of your goals. Congratulations!

Comment

Wow! Great job of reaching your goals everyone!! Congrats

Karen, I'm super glad you reduced your leg weights, which seem more doable.
            And glad to hear you're hiring a housekeeper to clean, REG.
            We all have good reasons to adjust.

I had an awesome week too. Sunny, warm days saw me outside doing gardening work and planting my first veggie starts and seeds. I was in my happy place for 4 days Did some babysitting too and reached my goal.

Rainy weather is forecast in a day or two, so I'll use that time to do housework, which I've neglected in a big way.

Same goals for next week 4-5 days of exercise in one form or another.
            Keep up the great work everyone. You all keep me motivated too!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Goals are 5000 steps on 4 or more days OR an average of 4000 steps a day.

Thu 7424 (volunteer work)
              Fri 5473
              Sat 7144 (volunteer work)
              Sun 6381
              Mon 4684
              Tue 4972
              Wen 6059

I walked over 5K steps on 5 of 7 days and averaged 6153 stops / day .
              It started raining Sunday afternoon and rained until Tuesday morning, so I was suffering from spasticity from Sunday until Wednesday - and it started raining again today !

I will keep same goals for next week.

Seasha - Great week . Keep up the good work.

ShrinkKaren - Awesome . Talk about determination - you got it going on.

REG53 - Great week . I may have to look into a house keeper also (it is painful the day after cleaning for me too).

Diamond57 - Good job ! You did really well considering that you had to deal with wet / humid weather and no volunteer work this week.

Mamabug - Great week ! I am impressed when people actually go to a gym to exercise. I know that it will not happen with me so I don't even bother to start that route (I won't even use exercise equipment that we have here at home).

Congratulations everyone on reaching your goals this week.

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

How terrific - it looks like our entire group accomplished our exercise goals this week!

Thankfully I had another good week also:

Up on feet with rollator (standing, walking, doing activities) 4X a day at 30 min each - which includes 5 walks during the week at 30 min each - and stretches.

So very glad for all of us!

ShrinkKaren ~ especially glad for you!

Wishing everyone good energy and persistence!
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                X