Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/26/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/26/18

Hi Everyone. Spring is finally showing evidence of arriving for real. I thought Winter would never end. I had a doctor’s appointment last week and the doctor and I were both wearing winter sweaters. We laughed through our tears. Spring is the time for new beginnings. Take a few moments and think of just why you want to shed those pounds. Some people want to shed pounds to look better while many want to be healthier. Whatever the reason, it is a just cause and should be celebrated as those unwanted pounds disappear.

I remained the same so continue to weigh 116.5. My ankles and legs continue to be quite swollen so I know that is a good part of the gain. My cardiologist told me that I would gain weight from a medication he prescribed. I did not ask if he meant water weight or fat. I am going to try to get back down to 115 and assume that is actually more like 113 or 114. I will try to lose a half pound this week.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week, I hope all is well.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain but I am sure it was worth it. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Good luck getting back on the horse.

Hsmaldo, wow, that is some loss. You should be very proud of yourself. That’s great your horseshow was such a success. I am so glad your medication is also successful. Keep up the good work.

Msgijo, that is a nice loss. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it. Have a good week.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

According to an article in WebMD:

Lighten the Foods You Already Love

One of the easiest ways to cut back without feeling denied is to switch to lower-calorie versions of the foods you crave. A pizza tastes just as good with reduced-fat cheese, and when you garnish low-fat ice cream with your favorite toppers, who notices those missing calories?

And while you're trimming fat calories, keep an eye on boosting fiber, suggests registered dietitian Elaine Magee, RD, MPH, author of Tell Me What to Eat If I Suffer From Heart Disease and Food Synergy.

Fiber helps you feel satisfied longer, so while you lighten family favorites, you can easily amp up the fiber by adding a cup of whole wheat flour to your pizza dough, or toss a handful of red bell peppers on the pie.

Don't forget to lighten the drinks going with that meal. Try switching from high-calorie favorites to diet soda or light beer, or maybe add a spritz of seltzer to your wine.

Hate low-cal drinks? Mix your preferred drinks with a splash of the low-cal option, then increase the ratio as your taste buds adjust. And don't forget to keep pouring that ultimate beverage, says Magee: water!

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

5.5 pounds by two members. Way to go! That 4.7 loss really bumps up our Loss statistics. See, it can be done.

Total Gain:

4.4 pounds by two members. We have to congratulate ourselves for admitting the truth. It is only by facing up to facts can behavior change.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4086.0 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Gained 0.4 kbs

Recent weights:
    03/29/18: 134.8 lbs
    04/19/18: 137.6 lbs

I'd hoped to lose this week, to make up for my vacation. I don't think I over-ate; I'm not always sure what happens when I weigh in. I'm worried I'll go up again next week, because I have about 3 birthday events planned. Buffet this evening; birthday cake on Friday (and there will likely be leftovers), and Applebee's on Sunday.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 2.8 pounds .

4/19 123.0
      4/26 125.8

No valid excuse for me - I simply ate too much of the wrong things (cakes and cookies). It rained from Sunday afternoon until Tuesday morning and as such I gave in to the siren call of junk foods.
      That is a very clear example of why that type of food should not even be in my house!

I will try to lose half a pound this week (sigh).

Faith - hopefully you will be able to enjoy a reasonable meal at the buffet and at Applebee's, and eating a small piece of cake (freeze any leftovers) may at least keep you from gaining any more weight. Enjoy the birthday events.

Karen - Great to hear that you are finally getting some decent weather! Is there a different medicine that you can go on? If not then your plan of mentally subtracting the 'medicine weight' to obtain your weight sounds reasonable to me .

Wishing everyone a great week .

Comment

I'm late to the party--again! But better late than never right? I didn't weigh on Thursday, but my weight this morning was 221.5, which is down .2 lbs from last week's 221.7.

I'll try to check in on Thursday. I'm working again this weekend--but only working in the trailer doing sales and uploading photos, so that'll be easier on me than standing on my feet all day taking pictures!

May sure snuck up on me, each new month does nowadays. Before I know it, school will be out and summer will be upon us! I still need to book a vacation somewhere, doing something with the family... Maybe if I have a few moments to breathe, I can work on that...!

Comment

Working...
        X