Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something is stuck in my throat-dysphagia??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is stuck in my throat-dysphagia??

Hi! Have had MS forever! Diag. about 14 yrs ago. Things been going pretty well, but yesterday I noticed that there seemed to be something stuck in my throat. Feels like I really have to swallow hard and that makes me feel like I have a sore throat. Does anyone have a good idea as to what to do to help this? My Neuro is 250 miles away and a bugger to get to and even to get into. Would a GP be able to help this. How long has it lasted for you--if it has happened to you. I see by the grand internet that it might be dysphagia. Any help and suggestions and I will be grateful. No PT or OT in my area. I live in the middle of nowhere--truly nowhere...
    Live alone--husband passed away in January and no kids or family so I'm on my own and kinda scared of this new development...
    Thanks and take good care of yourselves...

Originally posted by weener View Post
    Hi! Have had MS forever! Diag. about 14 yrs ago. Things been going pretty well, but yesterday I noticed that there seemed to be something stuck in my throat. Feels like I really have to swallow hard and that makes me feel like I have a sore throat. Does anyone have a good idea as to what to do to help this? My Neuro is 250 miles away and a bugger to get to and even to get into. Would a GP be able to help this. How long has it lasted for you--if it has happened to you. I see by the grand internet that it might be dysphagia. Any help and suggestions and I will be grateful. No PT or OT in my area. I live in the middle of nowhere--truly nowhere...
    Live alone--husband passed away in January and no kids or family so I'm on my own and kinda scared of this new development...
    Thanks and take good care of yourselves...
    Hi weener

I have trouble swallowing at times, which usually manifests itself as certain foods getting stuck, or fluids going down the wrong pipe. It doesn't happen every time, but more often than it used to.

I have to be careful and mindful when I eat, chewing food thoroughly and making deliberate swallows. I notice that turning my head a certain way helps (likewise, turning my head another way makes swallowing more difficult).

Is this how it is for you?

In any case, if this continues and is bothersome, it would be best to see your primary care doctor and have him make a professional evaluation.

Hopefully you have someone who can help take you there, if you aren't driving.

Good luck!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X