Seven checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Five made made goals.
    One made a partial goal.
    One set a goal for the next week.

GOALS MISSED:
    -

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Mad one goal

Thurs - 2988 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Fri - 1590 steps
    Sat - 1388 steps
    Sun - 2019 steps
    Mon - 1777 steps
    Tues - 2907 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 1383 steps

Total = 14,052 steps Average = 2007 steps

I only made one goal; barely. I averaged over 2000 steps. I only exercised 2 days instead of 4.

One day, it was really windy -- about 40 mph. So I didn't want to go out. There was a day, a month or so ago, when the wind was 62 mph and I had been literally afraid that it would blow me over, so I didn't want to risk going out in the wind without a person to hang on to. Another day, I had a dentist appointment in the morning, when I sometimes go to the Wellness Center. And, another day, the temperature was below freezing and they were predicting snow so I was lazy and unmotivated.

I could have exercised at home -- PT exercises. Or, I've thought about doing chair yoga to YouTube. Or I haven't done WiiFit for a very long time -- mostly because it is in the basement and our steps are steep and I rarely go down to the basement anymore.

Same goal next week. I hope I'll do better.
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT or something else.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I didn't make all my goals either, Mamabug. One day short due to the weather. Cold windy rain kept me in from gardening outside and like you, I could have found some sort of indoor exercise, but didn't.

I did 2 afternnoons of babysitting, one day of gardening and one day of housework, but my goal of 5 days left me short one day.

Next week's goal is changing it to either 4 or 5,instead of 5.

Sunny day today, so I'm going out to the garden and get a head's start on this week
      Hope all have a good week ahead!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Whew - I made it

New goals are 5000 steps on 4 or more days OR an average of 4000 steps a day.

Thu 8147- 2 Doctor appts and moved chicks to chicken yard
        Fri 11172- Swept dusted and mopped house
        Sat 5837- Dominos with friends
        Sun 5153- Hardest day - the last 150 steps were an accident .
        Mon 4827- Doctor appt.
        Tue 5279
        Wen 6717- Volunteer work

Walked over 5K steps on 6 of 7 days and averaged 6733 steps / day. I even managed to sleep well on 2 nights .
        I will keep same goal for next week, and hope that I can meet it - only 2 busy days planned.

Mamabug - Good job on making step goal . Yucky weather is IMHO a valid reason to not go out. I have already noted that I would need a vacation from your vacation . You made a great 'back into the swing of things' week.

Seasha - Good week . I totally understand about not wanting to mess with the housework vs yard work stats . BTW - It takes a 'yard junky' to recognise one.

Wishing all of us pleasant weather to encourage us to meet out goals.

Comment

Made Goal but it was tough. I rode bike 4 days and I got my house cleaned this wk. (DH is going to mop.) My legs have been burning and very weak which they are everyday but this week some days were worst.

Mamabug, Good job doing your steps.

Seasha, 4 days out of 5, I think that's a great wk. Cold, rainy days make me lazy. Just want to curl up on the couch.

msgijo, Wonderful job averaging 6733 a day.

Wishing all a great wk.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Made my goal!

Hi everyone!

I was very busy this week. People from the Altzeimers Center called in sick and I helped three days this week. I only volunteer once a month or fill in if I feel ok to do it. WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. They kept me active and really put on the steps. In fact, one of the gentleman likes to keep in shape so we marched in place a million times. I was so dang tired when I got home. It always makes me feel good because my brother in law in Minneapolis has had the disease over 10 years. Anyhoooooo

Thurs-6809 (A center)
            Fri-7211 (A center) That was a killer!!
            Sat-3016
            Sun-4460
            Mon-4802 (A center) Made cards! Thank the higher power
            Tues-2106 (Sorta rested)
            Weds- 3741 (Cleaned half the house)

Total:-32,145 Average=4549

So you see it only happened because of the volunteer work. It was too much and will go back my new goal of 3000 per/day along with a few stretches and marching in place. I guess in the end I was happy to help out because I felt better. They still don't know what they're going to do with my back and backside and I'm on a higher dose of my thyroid med. The ultra sound showed two nodules and will keep watch on the one. I appears one has some calcification but is benign.

I congratulate everyone on our team for all the effort. It's wonderful we have this.

Enjoy your upcoming weekend and week!

Sincerely,

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Had a good week and made goal - up on feet (with rollator) for 30 min, 4X a day every day - including 5 walks during the week at 30 min each - and stretches.

Been increasing my leg stretches, and this has been helpful for walking. I also noticed that doing more frequent lower back stretches during the day are very good for walking too.

Wishing everyone a nice week with good energy.
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Did not make my goal

Once again did not make my goal. I only exercised one day and most of another. I have started this week off better and hope to complete all goals. My MS symptoms continue to be noticeably worse.

Congratulations to all who keep trying to reach goals and double congratulations to all who made them.

Best wishes to all. Karen

Comment

Working...
                X