Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/19/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/19/18

Hi Everyone. We had 2 inches of snow a few days ago and we are to get more tomorrow. This weather is getting positively depressing. Where is Spring? It is hard to shake winter doldrums under the circumstances. Some may just want to curl up in a cozy chair and eat. Not a good plan. It is best to fantasize warm weather and convincing the self pleasant temperatures are just around the corner which they surely are. Think of how well you will look in light weight clothing with a few pounds less.

I gained two pounds so weigh 116.5. My ankles and legs are quite swollen so I know that is a good part of the gain. I will try to lose a half pound this week.

Agate, thanks for information about the weight control registry I will check it out. Good for you for staying the same this week. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, welcome back. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. There is nothing like little ones to make one feel young. Sorry about your broken scale. Best wishes.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain but I am sure you will go back down soon. Sorry you are still having trouble with your thyroid. I hope it is under control soon. Good luck.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. Hope to see you this coming week.

LisaL77, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is o.k. Hope to see you this coming week.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

According to an article in Advocate Health Care:

Instead of packing a salad for lunch, you may want to consider eating a larger midday meal. That’s according to one study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, which found eating the majority of your calories during the day helped with weight loss.

Researchers recruited 80 overweight and obese women between the ages of 18 and 45 and split the participants into two groups. One group of women ate their biggest meal of the day (50 percent of their daily calories) at lunch, and the other had their biggest meal at dinner.

The study took place over the course of 12 weeks. In addition to counting calories, the women followed diets that were high in carbs and low in saturated fat. Specifically, 17 percent of their calories came from protein, 23 percent from fat and 60 percent from carbs.

The women were also asked to exercise for 60 minutes five days a week.

Interestingly, the researchers found that the group of women who ate 50 percent of their calories at lunch lost more weight than those who consumed most of their calories at dinner. In fact, the lunch group lost 13 pounds versus 9.5 pounds and reported a greater reduction in BMI.

The researchers hypothesized that the reason the lunch group dropped more weight was because their fasting insulin levels were lower compared to those who ate a majority of their calories at night.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

0 pounds. Not one of our stellar weeks.

Total Gain:

1pound by one member. This is a reminder that gains can and do happen despite our best efforts.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4080.8 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Gained 2.4 lbs

Recent weights:
    03/29/18: 134.8 lbs
    04/19/18: 137.2 lbs

I haven't weighed in here since before my vacation. And, I knew that I had gained. Actually, I think I probably lost 1.2 a pound or a pound since last week, but, I couldn't weight on Thursday because of the broken scale. I hope I can get back down without too much time.

Scale is fixed. One of the tabs (or whatever they are) from the bottom had fallen off (broken off?). Must have happened when my housekeeper was cleaning. He's the only one that would have been in our main floor bathroom while we were away. Luckily, hubby found it and was able to repair it. I've had one or two other scales that didn't work very consistently, and I like this scale so I'm glad it wasn't kaput.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 0.8 pounds .

4/14 123.8
      4/19 123.0

Pleased with the loss but thinking about the sodium I have eaten this past week. Maybe I will be able to stay away from so much of it this week.

Mamabug - glad to hear that your scales are fixed . Sorry to hear about the weight gain, but being back home and in a routine should help you drop the extra weight easier.

Karen - sorry to hear about your gain. How much do you think is water weight? Or has the new medicine decided to hit you with the side effect of weight gain? Do you have friends or family anywhere warm to visit for a couple of weeks? Hope you feel better soon

Wishing all of us success this week in losing weight half pound by pesky pound .

Comment

Hi everyone,
        I had to dig through the old threads to find the last time I weighed in. I think it was back in March with 226.4, so I'm down 4.7 lbs from then to 221.7 this morning.

My parents visit went very well, we had Easter, the MS Walk and then my horse show last weekend, so we jammed a lot of activity into their visit. But it was so wonderful having them here. We were all very sad when they left on Monday.

I've been on my new meds for a little over 2 weeks now and I can definitely tell a difference. On Wed, I had been out with my girls and got home later than when I usually take my meds. I was HORRIBLE...everything was irritating me...everyone was getting on my nerves and after an hour of that, I had the thought that the medication was doing NOTHING to help. An hour after that, I realized that I had not taken that evening's dose--so it really WAS doing it's job and IS worth taking it!!!

It's like night and day, and I'm so thankful that I talked with my dr about it!

My first horse show was a success, it was called Four Seasons and boy, we really DID have all four seasons from Thursday through Sunday! Thursday was mild and overcast, Friday and Saturday were in the 80's and sunny and HOT and Sunday we were back in the 40's with rain and wind! I had gotten a bad sunburn on my left arm on Friday, and it felt like I was close to hypothermia on my right hand on Sunday! It was crazy weather, but still SO MUCH FUN!!!

Overall, doing much better than I have been in awhile and very thankful for my doctors!

Comment

Working...
        X