Cycling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycling?

I haven’t been here in quite some time. I’ve been busy getting weak and fatigued and I HATE it!
    I was an endurance bike rider as well as a time trialist and tourer on a bike. Lack of balance prevents me from riding even with a newer bike with shifting gears on the brake levers. Not only that, on my first ride on the bike a heard the cog (rear gear sprocket ) slipping. When I glanced down it wasn’t the cog slipping, it was my left ankle hitting the crank arm!
    I’m 100% sure I could whip myself up into some sort of better shape if I could afford a trike with the pedals out in front of me. I’ll never see a resting pulse rate in the 40’s again but a trike would solve the balance problem and having my feet in my field of view would likely help prevent bruised ankles.
    My question is, is there a program that would help me get a trike under me so I can get back some of the fitness I once had?
    Any good suggestions would be appreciated from deep in my heart.
    Thanx,
    Peddler (Jack)

Welcome back, Jack. I didn't notice your post until today. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

MS World had a Resource Center. You can scroll through all of our resources and see if you can find something. https://msworld.org/resource-center/

My suggestions:

1. MSAA (Multiple Sclerosis Association of America).
    https://mymsaa.org/
    2. MS News and Views used to have a social worker that was available to help find MS resources. I think they still do because I see a phone number listed on their website.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
    X