All Terrain Track Wheelchairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Terrain Track Wheelchairs

While it might not feel like it in PA, it is finally Spring! I know that I can't wait to get outside in the woods and I bet many of you are the same. However, if you have a mobility impairment, getting out to the Great Outdoors might not be as easy as it once was.

I recently had an opportunity to see some exciting new mobility technology at Trac Fabrication, Inc. up in Slippery Rock, PA. Trac-Fab makes power wheelchairs that run on tracks, not wheels, so that people with disabilities can enjoy normal outdoor activities. These all terrain wheelchairs can be taken out for hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, or just enjoying a day in the park. You can choose between gas and electric and any special seating requirements can be accommodated. Both models have a zero turn radius and have optional accessories such as an umbrella mount, fishing rod holder, rifle scabbard and multi-axis shooting rest.

Although not covered by insurance, the cost of these chairs is well below what an average power chair costs. Models start at $10,995 for gas and $11,995 for electric. They do have financing available, or you can investigate a loan through your state's You can visit www.wheelsforthewoodsllc.com to learn more about their exciting all terrain wheelchairs. They do have financing available or you can see what program your state has for device funding by going to https://www.ataporg.org/programs.

Another way to go "off roading" is the GRIT Freedom Chair. These are manual all terrain wheelchairs that have an easy-push lever drive. Models start at just $2995 and go up to $5495. They look like a great way to keep fit for those who still have a lot of arm and upper body strength. You can visit their website at https://www.gogrit.us/ Again, your state may have a funding program that could work for you.

See you in the woods!
    Christina

A lot of good information, thank you. You might also want to check out the Firefly by Rio Mobility. It is an attachable/detachable electric front wheel to make your wheelchair into a scooter. I use a gas golf cart to get to our garden and around the couple acres we have. We found one used for just under 2k and the larger camo blind fits over it for hunting in our woods!

Comment

Working...
    X