Ocrevus- 2nd half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus- 2nd half

I got the second half of my first dose on Friday. I had hives during the first dose, but no side effects this time at all during the infusion!

However, since Saturday night, I’ve been WIPED OUT. Nausea and dizziness... I’ve been in my bed since then. This is making for a great diet, but I felt this way after the first dose too and the neuro suggested it could’ve been attributed to the Cymbalta I had just started. Now I think this must be a side effect of the Ocrevus.

Anyone else dealt with this?
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

I had Ocrevus last Oct 2017. My first half was fine, didn't really have any side effects. 2 weeks later had my second half and right at the very end of infusion I felt extremely weak to where it was literally a struggle just to lift my arms. Nurse said to call if the side effects didn't go away. Went straight home to bed and missed the work for the rest of the week. I felt like I had the flu, very weak, dizzy. Called the Dr and he said that he had not had anyone with that response to the med. I even went back and they did labs and everything came back normal. Took a full week before I felt better. He attributed it to me having a virus earlier the week before and that I was just run down. (I don't think that was it) I am to have my next infusion and am a little hesitant to do it.

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
    I got the second half of my first dose on Friday. I had hives during the first dose, but no side effects this time at all during the infusion!

However, since Saturday night, I’ve been WIPED OUT. Nausea and dizziness... I’ve been in my bed since then. This is making for a great diet, but I felt this way after the first dose too and the neuro suggested it could’ve been attributed to the Cymbalta I had just started. Now I think this must be a side effect of the Ocrevus.

Anyone else dealt with this?

Comment

NewGranny,

Thank you for replying. I’m sorry you had that experience.

I finally broke down and messaged the doctor this morning. I left work early today (first day back since Wednesday of last week) and took an anti-nausea/dizziness med he called into my pharmacy. Hoping this helps. The dizziness is awful and I just feel all out of sorts.
      DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
      - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

That happened to me after the 3rd infusion. I chalked it up to being in a hospital and being exposed to germs, not the Ocrevus. The up side was that when it went away, a few days later, I felt great not being nauseous.

Comment

Working...
        X