Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme lower back pain when laying down

Hi,

I was diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS in 1998.

I have been having extreme lower back pain when laying down to go to sleep throughout the night.

Does anyone else experience this MS symptom, or is it just me?

Thanks
    Blue Satin

Hi bluesatin,

Have you had a recent MRI and/or x-ray of your lumbar spine (lower back)? Have you seen a Dr. about your back pain? In another post you said your pain is helped with Physical Therapy(PT)? If so, keep up the PT. Do you deal with spasticity? Use muscle relaxers?

The reason for my questions is not everything we experience is MS related. It's possible your lower back pain could be due to mechanical spine problems, such as spinal stenosis, bulging discs, herniated discs, etc.

If you don't normally do any exercise you lose core strength and can be more prone to back pain. It's possible for spasticity to cause back pain and muscle relaxers could help.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Response to Snoopy about lower back pain when laying down

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      Hi bluesatin,

Have you had a recent MRI and/or x-ray of your lumbar spine (lower back)? Have you seen a Dr. about your back pain? In another post you said your pain is helped with Physical Therapy(PT)? If so, keep up the PT. Do you deal with spasticity? Use muscle relaxers?

The reason for my questions is not everything we experience is MS related. It's possible your lower back pain could be due to mechanical spine problems, such as spinal stenosis, bulging discs, herniated discs, etc.

If you don't normally do any exercise you lose core strength and can be more prone to back pain. It's possible for spasticity to cause back pain and muscle relaxers could help.
      Hi,
      I had a mri of the brain with and without contrast, as well as a spinal tap back in January of 2018.

In 2017 I had a mri of the pelvis which showed a few bulging discs, but neurologist didn't seem to be concerned.

Yes, I take baclofen 10 mgs three times day but not much improvement.

I have relapsing remitting MS with possible secondary progression.

My doctor took me off of Avonex, and is now going to start me on Ocrevus because she doesn't want me to get any worse.

Thanks so much for your insight.
      Blue Satin

Comment

Working...
      X