Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem cell therapy- will it repair a neurogenic bladder-Hopeful

Hi,
    I was diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS in 1998. I am 47 now. I have been on a few interferon's. I was on Avonex for may years. My doctor has taken me off of Avonex end of November this past year, and wants to start me on Ocrevus so that I don't get any worse.

For many years I only had some relapses with full remission. Since August of 2017 my MS progressed, and I have been diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder. I don't fully empty out, it is a spastic/flaccid bladder. I have to perform intermittent self catherazation 4x per day with disposable catheters.

My neurologist did state that I have relapsing remitting MS with possible secondary progression. My MRI of the brain shows no active lesion, just the old lesions still present. I am skeptical about Ocrevus but will give it a try if I have no luck with other things that I am looking into.

I am curious to know if anyone knows about stem cell therapy? And if they or their loved ones have a neurogenic bladder/MS and if that could reverse the damage so that a persons bladder function would improve to the point where one wouldn't have to cath any longer? I did find a stem cell clinic in Florida that states that this could very well be. It is very expensive, and I don't want false hope. Any feedback would be great?
    Thanks
    Blue Satin

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
Working...
X