Fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighter

Hi, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1998. I woke up one day, and had no vision in my right eye. After seeing an opthamolologist on two separate occasions, he tells me that I have optic neuritis, and that I most likely have MS. I sure did. My neurologist placed me on an interferon, and I put it on the back burner. I am married, no kids and live in the sunshine state. My hopes and dreams are that they find a cure for this devastating disease, and end MS.

Hi and welcome!
    I'm hoping to join you down south in a few years when I retire. So far the heat doesn't bother me but the lack of sunshine, cold temps and all that goes with snow/ice are wearing on me.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Hi bluesatin and welcome! Looks like you and I got dx around the same time for the same symptom. However, I had to wait ten years previous to get a correct dx.

Hold onto those hopes and dreams and keep fighting. We are all MS warriors!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        Hi bluesatin and welcome! Looks like you and I got dx around the same time for the same symptom. However, I had to wait ten years previous to get a correct dx.

Hold onto those hopes and dreams and keep fighting. We are all MS warriors!
        Thanks so very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
          Hi and welcome!
          I'm hoping to join you down south in a few years when I retire. So far the heat doesn't bother me but the lack of sunshine, cold temps and all that goes with snow/ice are wearing on me.
          Hi,
          It's so lovely here. Yes, I am from the North, NJ. I remember the snow/ice. Don't miss it. Just miss my friends and family. The heat does bother me, more so the humidity. I feel like I am having an exacerbation, until I am removed from the heat. I have became accustomed now know how to avoid the heat.

Comment

Common feeling for many of us when in the heat. My husband and I joke that he is going to retire to the South, while I go to Maine!

Hope to see more posts from you!
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
              Common feeling for many of us when in the heat. My husband and I joke that he is going to retire to the South, while I go to Maine!

Hope to see more posts from you!
              Hi,

That was a funny joke. My husband and I joke around like that to.
              Blue Satin

Comment

Working...
              X