• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 04/12/18

Six checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Five made made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    One missed a goal. As our MS and our symptoms progress, it may be necessary to re-evaluate our goals and set a new goal.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Did not set goals

We're home from vacation. I posted this in the weight loss thread, but I'll post it again here.
    Great vacation. Got to know little L (4 1/2 months old) a little better. A happy baby; laughs easily; shares his smiles generously. Little M (almost 2) is finally beginning to talk more. He calls me Mimi. And, he has such a little personality and great sense of humor.

Started week still on vacation.
    Thurs - 1751 steps; Went to the library.
    Fri - 1995 steps; Went to an indoor playground. I wasn't very active there.
    Sat - 1275 steps
    Sun - 1688 steps
    Mon - 2451 steps; Travelling home
    Tues - 1955 steps; Second travel day. Arrived home.
    Wed - 1879 steps

Total = 12,994 steps Average = 1856 steps

Like last week, I didn't really do any exercise days.

I came close. again, to my usual goal of averaging 2000 steps per day. Some of my biggest days were, again, my travel days. Just getting in and out of the car regularly for bathroom breaks, restaurant stops, etc is more movement than I had on some other days.

And, I had steps to go up and down from bedroom. Oh; and their family room in the basement is used a lot for playtime. And, the getting up and down off of the floor.

This week, I'll go back to my regular goals.
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT or something else.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Fab Seven!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation Faith! I made my goal with steps but did NOT do the exercises. Too pooped out. I can't believe how tired I am.

Thurs-2239
      Fri-1910
      Sat-4224
      Sun 4032
      Mon-3019
      Tues3924
      Weds.-4401 Total=19,825 Average 2832

I hope the best for all of you. Take good care,

Susie ;D

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Had a good week and made goal, thankfully.

Up on feet (with rollator) 4X a day at 30 min each, every day - including 5 walks at 30 min each during the week - and stretches.

Same goal next week as I currently feel that my energy is maximized.

Mamabug, welcome back and so glad that you had a nice vacation!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        I came close. again, to my usual goal of averaging 2000 steps per day. Some of my biggest days were, again, my travel days. Just getting in and out of the car regularly for bathroom breaks, restaurant stops, etc is more movement than I had on some other days.

And, I had steps to go up and down from bedroom. Oh; and their family room in the basement is used a lot for playtime. And, the getting up and down off of the floor.
        Reading about your vacation activities, I would say that you did a lot of moving around!

Susie great job with your steps!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Welcome back Mamabug (Mimi) and glad your vacation was a good one!

Since I caught a cold, I only babysat one afternoon. Cold was short lived and got out in the gardens 3 times and housework one day including vacuuming, so I made my goal.

Keep moving everyone - any way you can!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made goal. Rode bike 4 days and did some light housework.

Mamabug, so glad you had a good vac. Your grandchildren sound delightful.

All of you are awesome and I hope you have another good wk.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Welcome home Mimi. Glad you had such a great vacation.

I did all exercises on three of my four days but the forth I only did a few. I am really having a tough time getting them all done but I'm off to a good start today.

Congratulations to all who do the best they can. Karen

Comment

Made goals. Sorry that I am posting so late but today and yesterday have been very busy.

Thu 6989 (Laundry)
                Fri 5990 (Dr. appt.)
                Sat 5916
                Sun 5758
                Mon 5825 (Dr. appt.)
                Tue 5133 (shopping)
                Wen 3989
                Made over 4K steps on 6 out of 7 days and averaged 5657 steps / day.

We had several doctors appointments this past week, But taking care of baby chicks and new puppy added steps in. My husband had a couple of things that he wanted to do (which ALWAYS gives me a much more strenuous workout than it does him ...) so he helped me move more on some days.
                My thyroid is still overactive, but all that I have been given was Ambien (so that I may be able to get some sleep). It is not working .

I am going to challenge myself and up my goals - if it doesn't work out I can always drop back down. Next week's goals are 5000 steps on 4 or more days OR an average of 4000 steps a day. There are some doctor appointments scheduled but next week is the 'busy' week for volunteer work that I do, so it should even out.

Mamabug - Good to see you back and great to hear that you had such a wonderful vacation! And it sounds as if you did a lot of moving (grandchildren do that to you and travel will also!). I would need a vacation from my vacation if I had done as much .

Susie - Great workout . Do you have stretches on your exercise routine? They are fairly each to get in and cost little energy. I will sometimes do them while I am in the kitchen cooking (I have a counter that is the perfect height to hold on to). And it keeps me in the kitchen so that I don't wander off and forget that I am cooking.

KoKo - Great job . I am concerned about you. It is starting to ease into springtime temps here and I know that the humidity and heat kinda wipe you out (it does me too). No giving up if you have a bad week! No discouragement allowed either! Seasons come and go and they come back around again. When you feel the need to drop back some until fall arrives that much is understandable and even allowed .

Seasha - Great week . I so want to get in the yard, but there is too much else to take of. Your percentage of house work vs yard work sounds like my kind of ideal life. No actually the ideal would be no housework.

REG53 - Great job . We have an exercise bike and the only interaction that I have with it is to clean around it. And as much as I hate to admit it, if the dishes are washed and the kitchen counter is clean and the bed made up then the house is clean.

Karen - Great job doing the best that you could . Since you have pushed hard for several weeks and are feeling discouraged maybe you should back off a little bit and find a more manageable goal for now. When you finally get warm spring type weather perhaps you will feel better and be able to go back to the goals you have now.

Looks like everyone had at least an okay week. We all moved to the best of our abilities . Hoping everyone has another great week.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  Seasha - Great week . I so want to get in the yard, but there is too much else to take of. Your percentage of house work vs yard work sounds like my kind of ideal life. No actually the ideal would be no housework.
                  You never cease to amaze me, msgijo! And you always have a positive comment about everyone Well, you nailed it on the head about me! You can tell where my prioritizes lie. lol
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                    KoKo - Great job . I am concerned about you. It is starting to ease into springtime temps here and I know that the humidity and heat kinda wipe you out (it does me too). No giving up if you have a bad week! No discouragement allowed either! Seasons come and go and they come back around again. When you feel the need to drop back some until fall arrives that much is understandable and even allowed
                    So true, msgijo!

Ironically, I had just mentioned to my sister yesterday that I seem to be on a plateau - one that I would be ok with to stay on indefinitely. Then I told her that I'm feeling a bit of dread, thinking about the heat and humidity that never fails to show up. My air conditioner does nothing for the humidity. So, I've been thinking about a dehumidifier and wondering if that would help.

Anyways, are you a mind reader (from afar), msgijo?

Wishing you the best with your challenge!
                    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Msgijo

You blow my mind and keep me motivated.

Susie ;D

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                      RRMS
                      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Working...
                      X