Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/12/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/12/18

Hi Everyone. I am too exhausted to think straight. I hope everyone is doing well and that those pounds are coming off.

I stayed the same this week so continue to weigh 114.5. I will try to lose a half pound this week.

Agate, that is interesting about the registry that is for people who have lost 30 pounds. Do they give stats as to how people are doing? You can be proud of your success. Good for you for staying the same this week. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, I hope you are having a great time. You are missed.

Hsmaldo, how nice that your parents are visiting. That’s fantastic that you went on the MS walk. Good for you. Good luck with your new medication. Enjoy the horse show. Very best wishes.

Msgijo, good for you for losing in spite of the cookout. Thank you for the kind words. It helps my morale. Keep flighting the good fight.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. Hope to see you this coming week.

LisaL77, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is o.k. Hope to see you this coming week.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Sorry I just don’t have the strength to get a Tip together this week.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.4 pound by one member. Every little bit helps and gives us all hope that it can be done.

Total Gain:

.5 pound by one member. I am your reminder this week that gains can and do happen despite our best efforts.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4080.8 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Home from vacation

Most recent weight:
    03/29/18: 134.8 lbs

Came home from vacation to find a broken scale. Housekeeper came and cleaned (son was home) while we were gone. Maybe it happened then? Will try to post weight next week.

I suspect I gained. Probably too much.
    • Snacked in the car while driving (two days there; two days back).
    • Big Easter dinner at daughter's in-laws.
    • Daughter cooked good meals. Also, went out to eat a few times.
    • They often had afternoon and bedtime snacks available.
    • Celebrated a triple "early" birthday (for little M, SIL, and me) for April and May birthdays
    • Etc.

Great vacation. Got to know little L (4 1/2 months old) a little better. A happy baby; laughs easily; shares his smiles generously. Little M (almost 2) is finally beginning to talk more. He calls me Mimi. And, he has such a little personality and great sense of humor.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 1.0 pounds .

I had really thought the I had at least stayed close to the same. My husband got a new set of scales, so can I blame the gain on them? ( I don't believe it is that - the scales at my doctor appointments this week have shown gains also)

4/5 122.8
      4/12 123.8

So frustrating - My thyroid is still overactive. I am still having all the other sx of that EXCEPT for the one that I didn't mind (weight loss). All that the doctor rx'ed for me was Ambien so the I would be able to get some sleep but it isn't working. I may ask my PCP for a referral to a different endocrinologist.

Mamabug - good to see you back home safely. And not having working scales will only help you with any extra weight (you will have a little time to drop some of it before reporting ).

Karen - sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly. Staying the same is a good thing! I hope that you start feeling better soon .

Tip For The Week: Sleep has an effect on weight. Not getting enough 'deep' sleep can not only make it harder to lose weight it can also contribute to weight gain.

I added this because it is certainly affecting my and my husband's battle of the bulge. He uses a CPAP at night, but I am concerned that he may need to see a doctor to check his lung function - he is having trouble getting enough oxygen. And I simply can't sleep for more that 2 hours at a time. It seems like every time I wake up I think that I am hungry, and so I eat something quick and easy. But getting up and eating 3-4 times each night is causing the weight to creep back up.

Comment

Staying at 120 this week.

Karen, there's a list of studies that have come from the Weight Control Registry:

http://www.nwcr.ws/Research/published%20research.htm
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X