Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian crutches?

Hi all.

I just saw my Neuro and he wrote me a script for Canadian crutches. I'm not sure what they are exactly and I really don't want to use them but he wants me to give them a try.

Just wondering if anyone likes and uses them. I currently use 2 regular canes.

Thanks for your input. Ei

I used them after using a single cane when I needed more support and balance.
    They are also known as forearm crutches, and are used in pairs and provide support around the forearm.
    I have no complaints.

Comment

They are also called forearm crutches. I used them for a few years after a cane wasn’t enough support. They will give you more stability than 2 canes. There is a strap or cuff below the elbow that will hold it to your arm so that it doesn’t fall in the floor when you reach out to open a door.

I was unable to find any that I liked locally, so I ordered a pair of Kowsky crutches in black from Award Prosthetics in British Columbia, Canada. They have soft anatomical grips that are much more comfortable than hard plastic ones.

Comment

Thank you both for your info.
        I have been going crazy trying to find them locally so that I can try them out. I don't really want to use them and I'm bummed that my neuro even suggested them.

Oh well I guess it's worth a try. Maybe Ill love them.

Comment

Working...
        X