Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SSDI and retirement benefit question for attorney...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSDI and retirement benefit question for attorney...

I am currently receiving SSDI. At retirement age will I receive a different amount from what I currently receive because of an added survivor's benefit when I reach retirement age?

My understanding is that I will always get the SSDI. However, the question I have is this... will I get a survivor's benefit in addition to SSDI. Or, will I be on regular Social Security and receive that amount when I hit retirement age?

Thank you so very much for any assistance you may be able to give in understanding and preparing for my future!

Kitty,

For most people, they will continue to receive the amount they received under SSDI indefinitely, but the payments come from the SSA retirement fund once full retirement age is reached. For those eligible for survivor's benefits, you will typically receive the higher of the two benefits (not the combined value of the benefits). Nevertheless, I recommend you contact the SSA to confirm what benefit you will receive and the amount of your monthly payment.
    Attorney Jamie R. Hall's practice is focused on assisting individuals with claims and appeals for Social Security Disability and Long Term Disability benefits. He has assisted claimants nationwide, approximately half of whom are MS patients, from his Pennsylvania and Ohio locations. **No attorney/client relationship is created by this communication, and information provided herein is not a substitute for formal advisement.**

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. I sincerely appreciate the service
      you do for us.

Kitty

Comment

Working...
      X