Exercise Check-In for 4/5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 4/5/18

The fabulous Seven checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Three made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    Four - Fatigue, not enough sleep, pain, and general MS stuff can really put the brakes on, but at least we tried!

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Still holding steady with current goals.

Up on feet (with rollator) for 30 min, 4X a day, every day - standing, walking, or doing light activities. Also did 5 s-l-o-w walks during the week at 30 min each, and stretches.

Some days were better than others, (or I could also say some days were more difficult than others) but I'm sure we all can relate to that.

Will give it another go this week.

Wishing good energy and perseverance to everyone.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made my goal FiNALLY!!!!!!

Hi Gang!

It was a much better week although today I feel like a dead head. I did all my walking and mixed up in the week light stretches, marching in place and all the house work. The only thing I can't do is vacuuming. Good Job Ko Ko and Seasha. You are the only two I see on here at this point. I look forward seeing Gijo. Man, the steps that woman puts in is UNREAL!!!! i hope to be like that soon. Question for all of you. Do you have alot of atrophy or are you solid. Even though I'm small I have a lot. I am restricted to certain exercises because of an old wound on my booty. Just curious....

Thurs-824
      Fri-2841
      Sat-3361
      Sun-2546
      Mon-3342
      Tues-4734
      Weds-3806

Total=21,454 Average=3064

Best of luck to all of us this week. We are still getting a lot of snow in MI!

Take good care of yourselves and have a pleasant weekend!

Susie ;D

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

One last question!

Seasha,

I just posted and read your message that all these people checked in and I only see your comments and Ko Ko's.

?????????

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond57 View Post
          Seasha,

I just posted and read your message that all these people checked in and I only see your comments and Ko Ko's.

?????????
          Hi Diamond - 7 checked in last week to report.

And btw, I also made my goal for last week!

I babysat 3 times (this is only from 2 1/2 - 3 hrs each time - which is enough!)
          Out in the gardens twice and housework one day.

Now, I'm trying to fight a cold, so we'll see how the next week goes.

Glad you and KoKo made your goals from last week and hope everyone does as much as they can to keep moving!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I made goal. Exercising 4 days a wk. I rode bike 3 days and I swept and dusted 2 days.

You guys sure had a great wk.

Wishing everyone a great next wk.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Made goals

Goal is >4000 steps/day on 4 or more days OR an average of 3500 steps/day.

Thu 6199
              Fri 6953 (did laundry)
              Sat 8322 (Church egg hunt / cookout)
              Sun 6327
              Mon 5494 (a puppy showed up starving and wormy, so I took him in and fed and wormed him.
              Exactly what I need - another animal to take care of )
              Tue 5175
              Wen 6213 (got animal feed and put into bins)

Walked over 4K steps a day on all 7 days and averaged 6383 steps/day .
              I will keep same goal for next week.

I almost feel that I am 'cheating' because I know that my thyroids are out of whack (dx'ed last Sept as having overactive thyroids but now they are just fluctuating between high / low). I will see an Endocrinologist on Monday about that. I wouldn't mind so much that they are overactive except that I normally can't get any decent sleep.

REG53 - Great job !

Seasha - Way to go ! And again thank you for starting this while Mamabug is on vacation .

Diamond57 - I knew you would do it ! Keep up the great job.

KoKo - Great week ! Don't be overly concerned about going slow (the turtle won the race) but let your concern be in stopping (as I know that you are).

Hoping that everyone has a productive week .

Comment

Good for you on making your goal, Susie!

Originally posted by Diamond57 View Post
                Question for all of you. Do you have alot of atrophy or are you solid. Even though I'm small I have a lot.
                I am small too. I do have a considerable amount of atrophy, especially on my entire right side, from shoulder down to foot. I don't even have a right-side butt at all.

I am prone to pressure sores, so being up on my feet as much as possible is so very important.

PS We're next door neighbors (sort of) as I am in Northwestern Ohio - close to the Michigan border.

Take Care
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  KoKo - Great week ! Don't be overly concerned about going slow (the turtle won the race) but let your concern be in stopping (as I know that you are).
                  Thanks msgijo. You're right about that.

I'll take slow-walking over no-walking anytime (and be darn glad about it!)

Comment

KO KO

Ko Ko,

Thanks for the share. I'm a young 61 but that atrophy bugs the heck out of me. i guess it's learning to accept it and not whine about it. Believe you and me. I know alot about pressure ulcers. Nice to know you neighbor. This really keeps me going with motivation. Thanks msgio. Sorry, about the misspelling of names. I admire what you can do and look so forward to next week to see what you're going to do. My hyper-active thyroid is also raising havoc. I had an ultra sound Tues. No results yet. It's also switching to almost hypo. They are keeping me on the same medication (tapazole) only take every other day now. Also, have nodules they want to check out. Oh well, just have to go with the flow. Sorry for kind of breaking up the thread. I wish each and everyone of you a pleasant weekend and week to come.

Sincerely,
                    Susie ;D

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                    RRMS

Comment

I did not make my goal. I did do all of my many exercises two out of my four days to exercise. My exercises are ones I had prescribed the last time I had physical therapy. I was doing them six or seven days out of the week but therapist laughed and said I should only exercise four days. I am having a really tough time right now. Even my typing is affected. I congratulate you all for doing your best. Karen

Comment

Set no goals this week.

It's a week late to post. And, I didn't set goals while on vacation. But, I still wanted to report.

Thurs - 2127 steps; On the road from 5pm - 10pm
                        Fri - 2499 steps; Another travel day -- arrived in time for supper.
                        Sat - 2072 steps; Attended an Easter egg hunt
                        Sun - 1967 steps; At daughter's in-laws for Easter
                        Mon - 1259 steps
                        Tues - 2126 steps; Went to pool
                        Wed - 1509 steps

Total = 13,577 steps Average = 1937 steps

I didn't really do any exercise days. Although we all went to the pool, I intentionally did very little because I didn't want to wear myself out. But, it did create a few more steps than some of my slower days.

I was surprised that I came close to my usual goal of averaging 2000 steps per day. Some of my biggest days were actually my travel days. Just getting in and out of the car regularly for bathroom breaks, restaurant stops, etc is more movement than I had on some other days.

A couple of things that this doesn't show is that the spare bedroom is in the basement. So, I had to do steps multiple times a day, which I usually don't do. The other thing is that I got down on the floor and back up more than once every day, to play with grandsons. Both of those took some effort and seem worth noting.
                        ~ Faith
                        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                        X