Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/5/18

Hi Everyone. I am almost in shock. It snowed this morning. My neighbor said it was two inches. It melted right away and then we had icy roads with many accidents. I am so ready for spring. I am also down in the dumps because my walking is worse. I don’t know how much longer I will be able to live alone. Sorry about all the doom and gloom. I will try to focus on better weather which is surely coming.

I gained half a pound this week so weigh 114.5. This puts me half a pound under my goal weight for which I am thankful. I will try to lose a half pound this week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you last week. I hope we will hear from you this week.

Mamabug, good for you for the loss. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Don’t worry about gaining. Just have a good time.

Hsmaldo, truly sorry to miss you last week. I do hope everything is going more smoothly. Do let us know.

Msgijo, very sorry to miss you last week. I hope everything is o.k. I hope you will let us know.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. Hope to see you this coming week.

LisaL77, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is o.k. Hope to see you this coming week.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

From, “Eat This, Not That.”

Making your sandwich with two slices of bread is so last year. Aid your slim down efforts by opting for whole-grain bread over white and preparing your sandwich “open-faced” style—the fancy name for kicking the top piece of bread to the curb. Doing so keeps about 70 to 120 calories off your plate. If losing some bread leaves your tummy rumbling, beef up your meal by munching on a cup of baby carrots or sugar snap peas. These pop-in-your-mouth veggies are loaded with fiber and water, which can help aid satiety and weight loss efforts.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.0 pounds by three members. Good for us. Its not a lot but still worthwhile. Remember when it comes to losing weight every little bit counts.

Total Gain:

0 pounds. I hope no one failed to report a gain because of feeling bad. Everyone gains sometimes.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4080.4 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.4 pounds

3/29 123.2
    4/5 122.8

I did fair at the cook-out last weekend - I ate a hot dog with an assortment of vegetables on the side, and brought a hamburger home to eat later. I had a small slice of cake and ate a lot of fruit as my desert.

Karen - I am glad to hear that your small gain is still below your goal weight . And I am sure that you will be able to lose that quickly. I feel bad about the fact that your walking is still declining. You have advocated for exercise and diet for such a long time that it just isn't fair .

Agate - Great job staying the same . Were you able to get your activity tracker set up? Are the scales easy to use?

I like the Tip of The Week. I was talking to a lady at the cookout on Saturday, and we both agreed that we actually like the healthier alternatives. Her husband is like mine in that they both are under the impression that we have to force ourselves to eat things we don't like simply to keep weight off .

Comment

I haven't weighed myself recently, so I'm not sure if I have gained or lost or stayed the same!

But, regardless, I wanted to check in! I am still amazed at how quickly time is flying by. My parents are out visiting and everyone was on Spring Break last week, so we had fun doing things like cleaning out the chimney, sewing little horse blankets for my daughters toy horses, cooking like crazy, preparing for Easter and this last Saturday did the MS Walk in Wilmington. (Apparently, my daughters and I were on the 10 o'clock local news!) That was fun to hear my co-worker tell me she saw me on the news this weekend!

I've also had a slew of dr's appointments. I found out on Thursday that my neuro who I have been with since the beginning of my diagnosis is moving to Florida. I'll see his partner in the practice, but I certainly will miss him as he was integral in pushing forward with finding a diagnosis for me.

I did keep the appointment and talked with my other dr about feeling down/irritable. We talked about several medications and I actually started one on Friday morning. So far I'm tolerating it well and will move up to the full dose tonight--Hubby thinks he can tell an improvement already, but that could just be because I only worked 2 days last week!

But overall, things do seem to be going well. I have my first horse show this weekend, so will be doing that Thurs-Sunday. My second show is the end of April. Things are moving right along and summer will be here before we know it...though at this rate of this crazy cold and snowy weather we've been having, we may skip spring entirely!

Comment

Working...
      X