Upper leg spasticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper leg spasticity

Can anyone describe their spasticity in their upper thigh? I was having what I thought was a muscle pull, but it doesn’t want to go away. I feel a sharp pain and then the muscle contracts at the top of my thigh. If I straighten myself up it stops. Mostly happens when I stand up but if I turn wrong I get the pain and pull also. Since it was not going away, it occurred to me that it could be spasticity. I already have the “hug”. Any thoughts appreciated. Know everyone is different.

It sounds like spasticity, Cardgal. I have it all the time in my lower legs. Here's more information about spasticity and treatments for it https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...oms/Spasticity

Sorry you have this along with the "hug"
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Cardgal,

I have upper leg spasticity to the point I have knots and it will cause the sciatic nerve (buttocks) to be squeezed (quite painful). I went through Physical Therapy for help and she also did Massage Therapy at each session. I learned stretching exercises to help stretch out the muscles and the use of a tennis ball to massage them.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
      X