Anyone have swelling of feet or leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have swelling of feet or leg

Hello good people of MSWorld, I hope everyone of you are doing well on this journey called life. I received my first complete two part infusion Nov 4th and 22nd and in late Jan, I began to notice slight feet swelling from time to time, my wife has been telling me to contact my medical doctor for months and like most us men, I resisted until last week. My doctor told me leg swelling is listed as one of the side effects of Ocrevus and wants me to try compression socks for swelling and contact him if it hasn't changed in 3 week. Has anyone else had this problem.

Swelling

Hi my right foot is swelling,I been told it is a circulation problem with m.s. I take aubagio.

Comment

I have swelling in feet and ankles. I had it before starting Ocrevus. I got the same advice, compression socks.

Comment

Hello Webster, I've taken my first 6 mo. infusion and I have not had any swelling.

I hope the compression socks help you.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

I've had swelling of feet and legs ~ I've had my 2nd IV of Ocrevus

Originally posted by Webster View Post
          Hello good people of MSWorld, I hope everyone of you are doing well on this journey called life. I received my first complete two part infusion Nov 4th and 22nd and in late Jan, I began to notice slight feet swelling from time to time, my wife has been telling me to contact my medical doctor for months and like most us men, I resisted until last week. My doctor told me leg swelling is listed as one of the side effects of Ocrevus and wants me to try compression socks for swelling and contact him if it hasn't changed in 3 week. Has anyone else had this problem.
          Hi Webster,

When I saw your post, my eyes lit up! I am using Ocrevus for my MS and just had my 1st full dose a month ago. My legs swelled somewhat in the beginning, but then became severe and the swelling did not go away. I shared this with my Neurologist, but he didn't say it could be a side effect of the Ocrevus. He did, however, order Lymphedema therapy that I've been going to for 3 weeks now and it is helping. The therapist does message to help the lymph nodes function better to drain the fluid out of the body. Afterward, she wraps each leg and foot tightly with ace bandages. I have lost 3 liters of fluid already. When therapy is done I will be fitted with custom velcro wraps that will be easier to put on and take off than the standard stockings.

I know your post is over a year old, but I want you to know it was very helpful to me! I hope you are doing better. Take Care,
          ~Laurie~ {Always have HoPe..., Always find the gOoD!!}

1) DIAGNOSED - POSSIBLE MS: 4/03, 2) PROBABLE MS: 7/03
          3) CONFIRMED RRMS 10/28/03, 4) FIRST BIG FLARE - 1/15/04 ~
          5) RESULTS: *Paralyzed right leg, *weak right arm. *Power wheelchair bound since...

Comment

fluid extraction from knee after Ocrevus

Originally posted by Laurie1591 View Post
            Hi Webster,

When I saw your post, my eyes lit up! I am using Ocrevus for my MS and just had my 1st full dose a month ago. My legs swelled somewhat in the beginning, but then became severe and the swelling did not go away. I shared this with my Neurologist, but he didn't say it could be a side effect of the Ocrevus. He did, however, order Lymphedema therapy that I've been going to for 3 weeks now and it is helping. The therapist does message to help the lymph nodes function better to drain the fluid out of the body. Afterward, she wraps each leg and foot tightly with ace bandages. I have lost 3 liters of fluid already. When therapy is done I will be fitted with custom velcro wraps that will be easier to put on and take off than the standard stockings.

I know your post is over a year old, but I want you to know it was very helpful to me! I hope you are doing better. Take Care,
            I had taken the two infusions of Ocrevus. My doctor noticed I had swollen left knee. My neuro said this wasn't side effect of Ocrevus. He sent me to Ortho doctor who did extraction of fluid of knee to find out what it was. Also shortly after right foot got very swollen. To make a long story short. I've had three more extractions of this mystery fluid which doctors have no idea what this fluid is or why I'm having it. (I had Ocrevus in Jan. and Feb it's now May). and to this day my knees and legs are painful.

Comment

Working...
            X