Exercise Check-In for 3/29/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 3/29/18

Mamabug is on vacation, so I have been asked to start this thread..

Seven people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Five made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    One and one made a partial goal.

Congratulations to all! We're still moving, even if we don't manage to do all that we intended.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Surprisingly, I had a good week and was able to walk (slowly) for 30 min on 5 days.

Also, stayed up on feet (with rollator) standing, walking, or doing light chores, for 30 min, 4X a day every day, and stretches.

After having struggled (more than usual) on 2 days last week, I really thought that I would have to modify my goal. Not yet!

Wishing everyone a great weekend, and Happy Easter - and a wonderful vacation for Mamabug with her family!
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Did not make goals

Actually, I plan to leave on vacation this afternoon. Thanks, Seasha. I hope that you can start this thread next week, when I'll be gone.

These were my goals:
      1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
      2. Exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT or something else.

Steps:
      Th- 2014 steps; Silver Sneakers
      F - 1414 steps
      S - 3639 steps; Wellness Center
      S - 1769 steps
      Mon - 1366 steps
      Tue - 1483 steps
      W - 1461 steps
      Total: 13,146 steps; average 1878 per day

A couple of nights, I just didn't sleep well. I was too tired to go to Silver Sneakers or Wellness Center. So, not enough exercise days. And, those days of not getting out of the house less also added up to fewer steps. So, I didn't make either goal. But, some weeks are like that. I had a good exercise day on Saturday. That wouldn't have happened if I didn't have this group to report to. You guys are a great encouragement.

I'm leaving on a 10 day vacation after hubby gets off work. Will drive as many hours as we have time for this evening and do most of the drive tomorrow. (15 hours to get there.) So, for the next two weeks, I'm not setting a goal. I'll just enjoy my little grandsons.
      Last edited by Mamabug; 03-29-2018, 01:24 PM.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made goals

Goal is >4000 steps/day on 4 or more days OR an average of 3500 steps/day.

Made both goals .

Thu 3935
        Fri 5357
        Sat 8848 Volunteer day at food bank (day to give out food)
        Sun 3700
        Mon 6427
        Tue 4360
        Wen 6399

Made 5 out of 7 days walking over 4K steps (had to push hard on Tuesday to get over 4000 steps),and averaged 5575 steps / day.

This past week has been a really "off" week for me. I knew that last Thursday was running low on steps and called myself 'pushing' to get in enough, but I just didn't make it. And Wednesday would have been the same except that I run the sound booth and do the slides at church on Wednesdays, so that pushed my steps up enough. All that I have wanted to do this past week is to sleep .

Seasha - Thank you for starting this during Mamabug' vacation !

KoKo - Way to go ! Glad to hear that you had a good week. In the past when I changed my goals I normally tried to wait at least 3 weeks to make sure that it wasn't just an "off" week or two.

Mamabug - Have a great vacation!

Wishing all a great Easter weekend. And don't forget that hiding/hunting eggs counts as exercise .

Comment

I didn't reach my goal of getting some form of exercise 4-5 days. Only got 3 days in, 2 of which were helping babysit my active 22 mo old grandchild.

The rest of the time I can blame on feeling somewhere between fatigue and being unmotivated. Maybe the first is what caused the 2nd?

Some days, just making the bed, fixing meals and cleaning up afterwards is enough.

Hope you all have a better week than I did.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Did not make my goal completely

II did all exercises two days but only managed walking in place for 20 min. (was tough) and did weight lifting on other two days. I am having a really tough time standing and walking for any length of time. I am truly worried about this.

I thank all of you for your encouragement last week. That helps me keep going.

Seasha, good for you for trying. I know what you mean when you say doing certain chores is enough. I feel more and more that way.

Msgijo, good for you for making both your goals.

Koko, good for you for your fine week. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, have a great vacation.

Happy Easter to all.

Comment

Didn't Make My Goals AGAiN!!!

Hi!

Not the greatest of weeks again. I've been having such pain in my lower back and a bit depressed. The one good thing is I've got a plan to do mild stretches and marching in place in case I can't get all the steps in. Thank you Msgijo and Seasha. I will begin that this week. I'm really proud of all of you. Msgijo......you are just going to town and everyone else is doing great! Faith, I hope you have a wonderful vacation. With all youv'e been through it's well deserved. Seasha, thanks for being the commandor in charge this week. TEE-HEE!!!Well here are the numbers for the week.

Thurs-1159
              Fri-3279
              Sat-2592
              Sun-3156
              Mon-1918
              Tues-2044
              Weds-2268

Total=13,260 Average-1895 My goal is 2500 per day. Thought I'd be at 3000 by now but plans have changed. It will be fun to mix it up with my new routine. Maybe you'll even see me on "Dancing With The Stars". Happy Passover and Easter to all my friends.

Take good care all,
              Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
              RRMS
              Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I made goal + I rode my bike 4 days and I went grocery shopping.

I am going to set my goal for 4 days of some form of exercise.

Mamabug- Sorry you didn't sleep well a couple of nights. I hope you have a great vacation.

Koko- Glad you were able to get a lot of exercise this wk. Great Job.

Msgijo - Great job averaging 5575 steps.

Seasha- Sorry you were fatigued this week. I agree making bed and meals is tough sometimes. I hope you have a better wk.

ShrinkKaren- Sorry you are having a tough time walking and standing and I hope that improves but you still had a good work out.

Diamond- Sorry you didn't make goal but it's understandable with your back pain.
                You still got a good bit of steps in. and I will be looking frward to watching you on
                DancingWith The Stars.

Happy Easter to everyone.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                X